Anyone else having problems shipping directly through paypal today?

04bd
Community Member

Keep getting error message. I know you can't ship direct through ebay and paypal but I have still been able to do so directly through paypal.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Since yesterday, unable to purchase &/or print shipping labels directly from PayPal. Not sure if it's a PayPal problem or a Canada Post/PayPal problem as the online Canada Post site also had a notice about some portions of their website not being accessible due to maintenance. However, as much of a pain as it is to use Canada Post online shipping, it was indeed able to be accomplished and I also got a better discount for Tracked Packet. As one of those fortunate sellers with a PayPal debit card, able to use that as a Mastercard credit card so funds will be taken from PayPal...the only drawback there was that the available CDN funds not taken, but rather the USD funds - and I've never understood that as even at a Postal outlet when using the PayPal card, the funds used are USD.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

... As one of those fortunate sellers with a PayPal debit card, able to use that as a Mastercard credit card so funds will be taken from PayPal...the only drawback there was that the available CDN funds not taken, but rather the USD funds - and I've never understood that as even at a Postal outlet when using the PayPal card, the funds used are USD.

I thought the PayPal card was only designed as a US$ card. The home currency is US$ and everything else is converted.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Yes it is quite possible that the PayPal debit card is only for USD...have on occasion in the past used the PayPal card for purchases here in Canada but have long forgotten what currency those funds were in when they were removed from the PayPal account...  the PayPal debit card is most often used for purchases in the USA, and/or when traveling in Europe.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply