Anyone else having trouble printing Paypal labels the past 2 days?

Hi -  Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble printing Paypal labels the past 2 days?  I tried yesterday and again today to print a label for a package and got the unable to print at this time message.  I'm just wondering if Paypal is having issues again or maybe it is a problem in the address itself.  Think I will just fill out a customs form at the P.O. and pay there.

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

qottie
Community Member

Just a quick update to this thread to let everyone know that PayPal has resolved the issue of buyer phone numbers not appearing on labels.  More details on the Announcement Board.  Thanks for your patience!

View solution in original post

Message 41 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

@forester_studios wrote:

Hi -  Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble printing Paypal labels the past 2 days?  I tried yesterday and again today to print a label for a package and got the unable to print at this time message.  I'm just wondering if Paypal is having issues again or maybe it is a problem in the address itself.  Think I will just fill out a customs form at the P.O. and pay there.

Have you tried using the old classic view for label printing (there should be a link near the top of the first label printing page)?

The old problem with addresses was a max of 25?  26? characters per line.

-..-

Message 2 of 41
latest reply

Hi  - Yes, I always use the old classic system as it works most of the time without any issues.  Don't seem to be any problems with too many characters in the address lines.  It's strange because I print labels almost every week and this problem rarely occurs for more than a day.

Message 3 of 41
latest reply

You mention Customs form. I take it this is an international shipment so try the Canada Post EST to print directly form CPC and you may find a better discount for Tracked Packet than available for you via Paypal, depending on destination. 

Message 4 of 41
latest reply

Hi -  It's going small packet to the USA, so no discount anyways.  I've always found the Canada post website to be slow and time consuming to use.  Since it's just one package that is causing the problem it will be quicker to do it at the local post office.  Thanks anyways for the suggestions. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 41
latest reply

Yes, I agree the EST is ponderous in comparison to the ease with which we can use Paypal Shipping. It gets less so, however, with each use of EST I have found. At certain points where there were web browsers incompatibilities for me, I couldn't even log into the CPC website with my account.

Plus, it would be nice if CPC expanded their payment options to include paypal (instead of user account or credit card only) so that a seller could use their paypal balance and actual postage funds as submit by the buyer to pay for that postage label bought directly from Canada Post.

Message 6 of 41
latest reply

I printed a label yesterday but it didn't print clearly.  Some letters were partially missing.  It isn't my printer as it is new & have not had any problems printing other stuff. Just another glitch with PayPal I'm guessing.

Message 7 of 41
latest reply

I sometimes have issue with the nation line dropping into the barcode area. 

Message 8 of 41
latest reply

@dustmite007 wrote:

I printed a label yesterday but it didn't print clearly.  Some letters were partially missing.  It isn't my printer as it is new & have not had any problems printing other stuff. Just another glitch with PayPal I'm guessing.

I had the same problem with incomplete characters today. The large postal code on an expedited label within Canada did not fill in properly.

I thought is was my printer, so I did a printer test and everything was fine.

This seems like a strange problem to be caused by the printing program, so I'm glad you posted so that I know it's not just me.

I've been looking for a problem on this end, and can't find anything. I've done some print tests with other programs and everything is printing fine, so I'm not sure what could have happened with the PayPal label, but it was definitely cutting off the top of certain characters.

Message 9 of 41
latest reply

I would suspect the data field is re-set to an insufficient size for the programmed type size.
Message 10 of 41
latest reply

Are your copies of the adobe pdf creator absolutely certainly the most recent?
Message 11 of 41
latest reply

Acrobat, I mean. Your web browsers up to date?
Message 12 of 41
latest reply

I do believe that PayPal labels uses Adobe PDF file format. So make sure the your PDF reader is up to date. Most computer users use Adobe Acrobat Reader which is free to download and use. When using the free reader, make sure you run check for updates from insider Adobe Reader. Often the Adobe Reader version available from their website is not the latest up to date version. You have to run the Check Updates inside the reader installed to get the latest updates not incorporated in the program at the download site. I would run Check Updates from inside the Reader until it says you have the latest update. Sometimes there might be more than one update available to get the latest version.

For FireFox browser, an addon for Adobe Reader is added. Maybe for other browsers too. I do not know if the PayPal program uses the addon.

Message 13 of 41
latest reply

Yesterday & Today, have been unable to print PayPal shipping labels using the classic version...just keep getting the PayPal shipping unavailable message. However, the shipping labels do print when using the new shipping version. I am wondering if PayPal has disabled the old classic version for shipping labels. I detest this new version. There was nothing wrong with the old one ...don't know why they had to go and mess with something that worked just fine.

Message 14 of 41
latest reply

Actually I use PDF XChange viewer.  I've been using it for years and never had any problems with it.  Don't think it would be that or my web browser.

Message 15 of 41
latest reply

forester_studios wrote:

You will need to edit address and add a phone number. You can choose to get the actual number from the buyer or just add 999-999-9999 or something like that. I had this issue when using EST online awhile ago and thats what Canada post told me to do.  Canada Post or PayPal is messing around with something that aint broke as usual. This information is a suggestion, don`t take my word for it. Confirm with PayPal or CanadaPost first. Have a good weekend all !!!

Message 16 of 41
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing for me yesterday and I called PayPal and said everything is fine.  I closed down and re-booted the computer, still same problems today.  Very frustrating as I have over 50 packages/parcels to be shipped!!  Hope it will be done this weekend.  I am NOT going to my local post office to order shipping as I am mobility limited and cannot stand more than 5 minutes, so there is no way I have to deal with the incompete sale persons and having to stand more than 5 minutes with over 50 packages/parcels. 

That is why I rely on PayPal 1000% and also I like that I can order PayPal Shipping labels 24/7.  Hope it will work this weekend.

Message 17 of 41
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Two years I met with a representative from Canada Post and suggested PayPal as an other option but so far nothing.  I find it strange that Canada Post wouldn't think of it as PayPal charges around 4% and much cheaper than what the credit card companies charges to Canada Post!  Go figure that Canada Post is so narrow-minded in many ways.

Anyway my niece is a reporter and she found out that PayPal is the one that is causing problems with PayPal Shipping NOT us!  I do not appreciate that PayPal not informing us or not being "honest" with us when it is their end that is having problems.  They MUST tell us so we don't get any more frustrating trying to purchase the Shipping Labels via PayPal.

I hope PayPal will fix it and have it done this week.  There is NO way I can go to my local post office having to deal with incompetent clerks and having to stand more than 5 minutes.  I already have over 50 parcels/packages that need to be shipped this week like tomorrow!!  I am mobility with health conditions and cannot walk or stand more than 5 minutes.  That is why I rely on PayPal 1000% for my dealings.

I knew PayPal may not read here but in case, hey, pay attention and treat us nicely and honestly, tell us you are done, so we knew and not to be frantic and frustrating.  Thanks.

Message 18 of 41
latest reply

If you are having a problem with international labels enter a phone number or all 0s or 9s as suggested in post 16.  According to many posts on the boards a phone number is now required for outside of Canada labels.

Message 19 of 41
latest reply

If you are using the classic view for printing your labels, try using the new version instead. Other sellers have mentioned that only the new version is working for them.

Message 20 of 41
latest reply