Classic Pay Pal Site

Did PP cut out the Classic site site or did they move it else where as I can't seem to find it in the usual site

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Classic Pay Pal Site

The appearance changed at some point during the summer, and then the Classic View disappeared altogether from the Main Page. You can switch to it at individual times to view a single transaction, or to print a label. But that's it.

It's kind of silly, in my opinion. Since there are things you can ONLY do with the Classic version of the Paypal page, like reprint a shipping label, or add a longer message to your buyer when you ship.

But everything these days seems to be needed dumbed-down to the mobile view. Some of us are actual people with livelihoods to maintain, we're not just conducting business from our sofa in our gitch with our iPhones. (That's only evenings for me, come daytime I'm sitting in my gitch at my desk.)

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Classic Pay Pal Site

Thanks for the reply, with so many problems on both sites they seem to eliminate some thing that works.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Classic Pay Pal Site

But everything these days seems to be needed dumbed-down to the mobile view. Some of us are actual people with livelihoods to maintain, we're not just conducting business from our sofa in our gitch with our iPhones.

Absolutely, classic view had a perfect viewing format, everything made sense and it was nicely organized. The new one is terrible but like everything else you just have to roll with the times........  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Classic Pay Pal Site

@mjwl2006 wrote:

everything these days seems to be needed dumbed-down to the mobile view. Some of us are actual people with livelihoods to maintain, we're not just conducting business from our sofa in our gitch with our iPhones. (That's only evenings for me, come daytime I'm sitting in my gitch at my desk.)

lol!  I had to look that up.  In my day we called it "gonch".  I haven't heard that in about 50 years either.  

Just yesterday I was thinking how frustrating it is when everything is dumbed-down, for the mobile views and also the language.  I think Western intellectual/ literary culture reached its zenith about 150 years ago and it has been all downhill from there.  How much further can the language be reduced until humans are just grunting at each other and throwing things to express themselves?  And every online site we visit now has only a few words of large type with everything squashed to the left side of the page.  Ads, lots of ads.  How many years before no one sells computers any more, only phones, and that is what we will all have to have?  I can't imagine what it will be like in 50 more years.  I'm glad I'll be dead.   🙂 

I guess I should go do something useful instead of this. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Classic Pay Pal Site

Paypal has gradually been fading Classic away. The connections I still see are:

* Individual transaction detail -- still has the Classic view link for the individual transaction

* Print label -- has two links one for Classic Printing and one at the bottom labelled Classic Site which takes you to the old style My Profile

* On the Activity page there is a drop down on the right side called Statements with one item in the menu called Activity Export -- which takes you to the classic Download History -- and unlike the new style allows you to deal with all your transactions going back to when you started using paypal (in my case back to March 2004).    Links on the Download History page also allow you to do Search on your transactions in classic mode AND display the transaction History in classic mode.

I recommend downloading your older transactions while you still can.

-..-

Message 6 of 6
latest reply