I opened a claim for an item in PayPal

I opened a claim for an item in PayPal.

Once I submitted it I get this message-

Your dispute is open

Thank you. We’ll email you when the seller responds. If the seller does not respond, your dispute will automatically close on Nov 30, 2014 unless you escalate it to a PayPal claim. Don't worry, we'll email you a reminder before the dispute automatically closes. Please note that when you escalate a dispute to a claim, you're asking PayPal to review the case and decide the outcome.

So does this mean if seller does not respond and dispute automatically close, I will automatically get refund from Pay Pal ?

Or I have to claim before Nov. 30, 2014 if I wish to receive refund ?

What is the url where I esculate it to a paypal claim ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@amethyst1415 wrote:

Just escalate. If you are opening a claim then obviously there was a problem and you will need a refund. I've waited for sellers to respond and they don't. The link should be next to the paragraph telling you to escalate OR it is underneath. I can't remember exactly but it will be on that page.

Now, if the seller proves that the item was sent (tracking) then you will lose (unless you are saying item was not as described) in which case they may ask you to send it back.

Before you open a claim you should contact the seller first to see if they can help you with the problem. If you have already done that and they will not help you, then I can understand not waiting to escalate once you to open a claim. Otherwise, you really should wait at least a couple of days before escalating so that the seller has a chance to fix the problem. They may not even know that there was a problem.

To elaborate...if a claim is for an item not received, the seller has to show with delivery confirmation that the item was actually delivered. If they can't show that then they will have to refund.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Hi.dispute means continuation of dialog with seller,if you'll come to agreement,for example,he refunds you,the dispute will be closed,if he doesn't answer and the time passes,dispute closes without you getting anything out of it.So to get your money back or to get some other agreement with seller,you have to escalate dispute to a claim in the time allowed by Paypal.But you don't have to be rushing about it: give seller some time to answer your concerns and if he doesn't answer at all or you can't reach an agreement,only after escalate to a claim.It is very easy to do via resolution centre in your Paypal account.Good luck.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Don't I have 45 days after payment with seller to esculate to a claim with Pay Pal ?

It already past 1 month already since my payment.

If I don't get the item and don't make a claim with Pay Pal. I will lose refund because they will say it already past the maximum number of days I can make the claim with Pay Pal. It has happened to me before.

Thanks

montreal-vintage-bijoux wrote:

Hi.dispute means continuation of dialog with seller,if you'll come to agreement,for example,he refunds you,the dispute will be closed,if he doesn't answer and the time passes,dispute closes without you getting anything out of it.So to get your money back or to get some other agreement with seller,you have to escalate dispute to a claim in the time allowed by Paypal.But you don't have to be rushing about it: give seller some time to answer your concerns and if he doesn't answer at all or you can't reach an agreement,only after escalate to a claim.It is very easy to do via resolution centre in your Paypal account.Good luck.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I believe that not so long ago it was changed to 60 days,but just in case don't wait for over 44 days for your claim.Good luck!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Just escalate. If you are opening a claim then obviously there was a problem and you will need a refund. I've waited for sellers to respond and they don't. The link should be next to the paragraph telling you to escalate OR it is underneath. I can't remember exactly but it will be on that page.

Now, if the seller proves that the item was sent (tracking) then you will lose (unless you are saying item was not as described) in which case they may ask you to send it back.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You have to open the claim within 45 days. As Paypal wrote you, now that it is open it has to be escalated by November 30th or they will close the claim and you will not be refunded.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@amethyst1415 wrote:

Before you open a claim you should contact the seller first to see if they can help you with the problem. If you have already done that and they will not help you, then I can understand not waiting to escalate once you to open a claim. Otherwise, you really should wait at least a couple of days before escalating so that the seller has a chance to fix the problem. They may not even know that there was a problem.

To elaborate...if a claim is for an item not received, the seller has to show with delivery confirmation that the item was actually delivered. If they can't show that then they will have to refund.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply