My account was limited, can i still buy on ebsy with my credit card?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a simple answer. They limited me because i had too many chargebacks. I didnt know this and i did not get a warning by email. Anyway, can i purchase through ebay or not? Will they limit my ebay account too if i make a purchase ?
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Even Guest Orders are processed through paypal so I doubt it. If Paypal has identified you as a high-risk, then you have been curtailed. unless the seller accepts merchant credit card transactions which is possible but relatively uncommon. 

On a related note, are you certain that message came from paypal? Like, did you call them afterwards to clarify it for sure? That's a common phishing scam message, along the lines of 'your account is in some kind of trouble so click this link to investigate' but it really never was in trouble until you clicked the link and phished yourself. 

Furthermore, if there is good reason for the chargebacks like your card was stolen and not just used irresponsibly, you may want to try to appeal paypal's decision. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, to clarify: my Paypal account was limited.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Even Guest Orders are processed through paypal so I doubt it. If Paypal has identified you as a high-risk, then you have been curtailed. unless the seller accepts merchant credit card transactions which is possible but relatively uncommon. 

On a related note, are you certain that message came from paypal? Like, did you call them afterwards to clarify it for sure? That's a common phishing scam message, along the lines of 'your account is in some kind of trouble so click this link to investigate' but it really never was in trouble until you clicked the link and phished yourself. 

Furthermore, if there is good reason for the chargebacks like your card was stolen and not just used irresponsibly, you may want to try to appeal paypal's decision. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
They said i reached the maximum chargebacks and an email warning me, but i didnt get email and didnt know that too many chargebacks was a no no. Customer service put a note that i didnt know. I had two claims one is still ongoing. Should i ancel my claim or wait until it ends?
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Naturally, chargebacks are a no-no.

If it were me, I'd telephone to clarify.

You may be allowed to use PayPal but perhaps not open chargebacks which would leave you without a degree of Buyer Protection.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive cancelled my claim. In the resolution centre it says: We need additional information on your recent transactions and account activity.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-005-621-588-322.)

So i faxed it to them but they said it cannot be appealed. I wish theyd warn me but they didnt!
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@alphard1984 wrote:
They said i reached the maximum chargebacks and an email warning me, but i didnt get email and didnt know that too many chargebacks was a no no. Customer service put a note that i didnt know. I had two claims one is still ongoing. Should i cancel my claim or wait until it ends?

Wait until it ends -- since the chargeback has already been opened. The warning email should have been sent to your paypal email address.

Problems with a purchase:

1) Try to resolve with the seller

2) Try to resolve through eBay procedures (Item-Not-Received, Item-Not-As-Described). Up to 30 days after last estimated delivery date.

3) Through paypal (Item-Not-Received, Item-Not-As-Described). Up to 180 days after purchase if payment funded via paypal.

4) Credit card chargeback should be the last level to try.

-..-

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks but ive closed it. I am worried that if they ruled in my favor that would mean another chargeback and paypal wont overturn my account.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

You have to call PayPal to learn what sanctions are against you, and how best to overcome them. Making rapid decisions without due diligence may be what led you to this fork in the road.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

EBay has a Dispute period of 30 days after delivery and Paypal allows six months from payment.

If you are avoiding those, which allow for a certain amount of discussion with the seller as well as ajudication, and going straight to a credit card chargeback, which allows neither, eBay has probably identified you as a scammer.

You are probably on several Blocked Bidder Lists just from posting here.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Looked up the member on toolhaus.org.

I lost count at 50 negatives left for sellers.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, bud.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply