PayPal Shipping Labels Being Returned

I use either Canada Post Light Packet or Small Package for shipments to both the US and International.  All packages that I have mailed this week have all come back to me within  a day or so.  Canada Post says it's a PayPal issue and PayPal says it's a Canada Post issue.  

For some reason when the packages are going thru the sorter they are not going to the proper destination.  They are being kicked back for Canadian delivery.  Is anyone else having this issue?  I had the same issue about a year ago and now it's started again.  Extremely frustrating to say the least.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I replied to your post about this on the share your paypal shipping stories. I don't know if it will be helpful to you or not.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

If you can, enlarge your label size when you select the options on your printer. I'm more specific in my other post, the 'share your stories'' thread like pj says. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I also had this problem a year ago or two when PayPal changed the way the labels look. When this problem appeared, I began highlighting the words "Ship to" and the complete address with a yellow highlighter. Since then, not one has been returned (fingers crossed).

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Yes, the printed label I was issued was not accepted because the tracking number had already been used.

Thanks for nothing Canada post. The only solution they offer is to pay again for shipping.

The customer service is non existent. I had to cancel the PayPal Canada Post Label and purchase a new more costly label at the post office.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@bezzlala wrote:

Yes, the printed label I was issued was not accepted because the tracking number had already been used.

Thanks for nothing Canada post. The only solution they offer is to pay again for shipping.

The customer service is non existent. I had to cancel the PayPal Canada Post Label and purchase a new more costly label at the post office.

Already used? But how is that even possible? Because it was returned to you? That can't be correct, as it would be a postal service problem and not one of your creation. Call Canada Post about this, don't take the word of the person at the counter as the gospel truth if they're the ones who told you. Many have no idea on which side of the sky the sun rises. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

If it had already been used  I doubt that it would have been possible to cancel it. Perhaps the outlet had no idea how to enter a prepaid label?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Exactly they said it would be returned to my address. The worst was while at the post office while on the the phone to Canada Post support they claim it is not there problem.

So anyway I am getting all my tracking numbers scanned and I am no longer just dropping off packages.

Apparently this has happening to quit a few people purchasing Canada Post labels online.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

This was Small Packets returned to you? Was it destined to the USA or overseas? 

Never take the word of the person working at an authorized dealer Canada Post counter. Nine times out of ten, they truly know far less than those manning, ahem, personning the phones at Canada Post. And always get your Proof of Shipment when you drop-off a parcel with a bar code.

Sometimes, the people behind the counter won't understand what you want but it's not a Commercial Shipment that you're bringing them, it's a pre-paid label purchased via paypal and you want them to scan it for originating purposes, enter it into the system and print that receipt for you.

That is your Proof of Shipment and it is what you will use if you want Third-Party Insurance on your item since Small Packets are not insured by Canada Post for loss or liability. If they can't do it, stand there and don't budge until they figure out how to call Retail Support for directions in how to do that. Tell them, Retail Support and you will wait there while they call. 

That might get you what you need. Good luck next time. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Yes but in this case an error message comes up on the terminal at the actual post office not an outlet.

There were three employees there to confirm after scanning the bar code several times it says tracking number already in use.

The person on the phone at Canada Post said it is not their problem and the only solution was to purchase a new shipping label at the post office.

Usually of course when they scan it, it generates a dropped at post office update plus you can get a receipt.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I have no idea what message comes up when they try to enter it as a commercial package but there is a good possibility that they are not scanning it as an originating parcel which as  mj isaid, they should be doing.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

We use a red marker and write large words TO and FROM with large red arrows pointing to the to and from addresses. This has stopped canada post from delivering light/small packet air usa/international or parcels directly to our mailbox. This happened about 20 times but not anymore.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply