Seller need my Pay Pal account info.

The seller needs my PayPal account info. to give me a refund.

I try to send my e-mail address in E-bay message which I thought will identify for the seller, but E-bay not allow e-mails in message in E-bay message.

So what info. I need to give to seller to get a refund ?

Do I give my PalPal account number ?

If so, where do I find out what my PayPal account number is ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Go back to your PayPal account

You will find the seller email address in the "details" of the transaction

Use that email address to send your seller your email address (eBay will not allow you to use their system for that purpose - they are paranoid about it)

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

something is not right. Every refund I have ever done as a seller, I do directly from the Paypal payment and do not need buyers Paypal info sent to me as it is there automatically if it was paid for with Paypal.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoa, this seller should knew to go to his PayPal account to find your email address and then send you the refund that way.  I wouldn't give out any information, period.

Just tell him to go to his PayPal account and It will show "refund" in your statement.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Yeah all buyers info will dissappear after what? 45 days ... If the transaction is older then that just give them your paypal email but nothing more then the email ... IF it is not older then that tell them to look the the order details and it will be there for him to copy and paste

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

"Every refund I have ever done as a seller, I do directly from the Paypal payment and do not need buyers Paypal info sent to me"

Quite true.  That is also what I do.  However, not all sellers are experienced in sending refunds. It may be a first for that seller.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

"Yeah all buyers info will dissappear after what? 45 days ."

Not quite.  The buyer address and email address remain permanently in the PayPal history.  I just checked a transaction from over three years ago and everything was still there.

eBay on the other hand deletes information quite quickly.  They are paranoid (*) about buyers and sellers being able to contact each other outside their system.

(*) Afraid to potentially lose a few cents on fees.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

"I wouldn't give out any information, period."

There is nothing wrong giving the seller the email address information.  He already has it.... if he only knew where to get it.

The goal here is to make it easier on the seller to complete a refund.

It is also possible that the seller does not have the money available in his PayPal account and must use a different account to send the refund.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

For a very large seller, it can be much more efficient to ask the customer to supply his own email address rather than pay an employee to comb through hundreds if not thousands of transactions to find the right one.

As pierre says, the seller does already have the information, it's a matter of finding it efficiently.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I e-mailed the seller with my E-mail address.

And I sent several messages on E-bay to the seller about it.

But now I don't hear any reply from the seller.

If I don't get any reply from the seller.

What  should I do to make a complaint ?  Do I contact E-bay about this ?

They promised me to refund money back to my Pay Pal account because item did not arrive.

After a few days, I still haven't gotten a reply. Seems like seller is ignoring me.

What should I do ?

Thanks

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

First make sure that the refund isn't already if your Paypal account.

If not and you paid less than 45 days ago, you can file an item not received claim.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I contacted E-bay and Paypal.

It has passed 45 days since I purchased the item.

Because I didn't get it the first time they re-sent it a second time, but still didn't get it in the mail the 2nd time.

Just found out E-bay user id I dealt with is   Not a registered user anymore.

The seller replied to my message on Jul. 14, 2014, That was the last time I heard from the seller,
So what happens if person just paid for an item bought on E-bay website on that seller's id user site ?
Looks like many buyers will not get what they paid for?
B.T.W., what is E-bay customer service phone number ?  I can't find it on website anymore.
Thanks

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

First make sure that the refund isn't already if your Paypal account.

If not and you paid less than 45 days ago, you can file an item not received claim.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

"The seller replied to my message on Jul. 14, 2014,"

What exactly did the seller say at that time (four days ago)?

Do not worry about what happens to other buyers.  Your concern, at this time, should be to get your money back or a replacement for your item.  How much money is involved?

To reach eBay Customer Support, click on the "Customer Support" link on top of this page (at right).  However, since more than 45 days has passed, there is nothing eBay can do for you,

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

45 days had passed already !!!
Seller said- " tell me you paypal account ,we will refund to you by paypal !!!! "
After I e-mailed them with my e-mail address. I didn't hear anything from the seller anymore.
Thanks

@pierrelebel wrote:

Do not worry about what happens to other buyers.  Your concern, at this time, should be to get your money back or a replacement for your item.  How much money is involved?

To reach eBay Customer Support, click on the "Customer Support" link on top of this page (at right).  However, since more than 45 days has passed, there is nothing eBay can do for you,

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@zhongjai wrote:
45 days had passed already !!!
Seller said- " tell me you paypal account ,we will refund to you by paypal !!!! "
After I e-mailed them with my e-mail address. I didn't hear anything from the seller anymore.
Good thing it wasn't that much.
It is less than $3.00.
It is not the money, but the principle of it all.
If this happens all the time, then people like me would lose faith in using E-bay and PayPal.
Thanks

Thanks

@pierrelebel wrote:

Message 15 of 15
latest reply