Visa Debit/Paypal Refund not showing in my chequeing account? Is something wrong?

bevinng
Community Member

I paid for something with Visa Debit via Paypal and later on asked for a refund from the seller. It says that the transaction was refunded on my Paypal page and in the transaction details it says everything is completed, and yet I do not see the funds in my bank statements. Is there an issue? Should I contact the buyer or wait a little bit?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Visa Debit/Paypal Refund not showing in my chequeing account? Is something wrong?

@bevinng wrote:

I paid for something with Visa Debit via Paypal and later on asked for a refund from the seller. It says that the transaction was refunded on my Paypal page and in the transaction details it says everything is completed, and yet I do not see the funds in my bank statements. Is there an issue? Should I contact the buyer or wait a little bit?

I'll point out you're the buyer.

If the seller has refunded the money, then it is paypal you have to deal with.

How long since the refund was completed?

Paypal and banks can take days to transfer money.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You don't say what date this occurred.  If I get a refund when paying with Paypal on ebay or any other way on any site my bank, and I believe all are the same, can take up to 10 days, usually a bit sooner, to show up on my Visa statement.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Refunding to Visa Debit is the same as transferring money to your bank account from PayPal.  I find they're pretty quick -- my transfers usually take 3 to 4 business days.

However, if it's been more than 6 or 7 business days, I would contact PayPal.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply