What does this even mean? The card you entered cannot be used for this payment.

Tried making a payment with Mastercard. This card was never associated with any PayPal account.

Got this message: The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number.

Called PayPal, asked them. They say they do not see any transaction attempt and say issue is at my bank.

Called my bank. They say they do not see any issue with my card, there is nothing wrong with it.

Tried another VISA, which was associated with PayPal account. Same message, no explanation just this cryptic message. Basically I have wallet in my hand, domain expiring in 3 days and cannot bloody pay because some PayPal glitch !!!

Class action, anyone ?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

For now I will make official complaint with VISA and Mastercard that merchant PayPal is arbitrarily refusing valid credit cards for unknown reasons they themselves cannot explain when inquired and I encourage everyone who runs into this issue to do the same.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I wonder if it has anything to do with the latest Announcement about restricting browsers with old Internet Security Protocol? Maybe the restrictions have affected more things than they mentioned in the announcement?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply