Wrong Email address for Paypal payment

I've entered the wrong email address for Paypal to several items which have now sold How can I change the email address?

Regards,

Paul

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Use the "revise" function and change the address.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Use the "revise" function and change the address.

OP says items have sold so the payment was sent to the wrong email address they used.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

"have sold so the payment was sent to the wrong email address"

Missed that.  Smiley Sad

Then the solution is to send a PayPal invoice from the correct email address.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@caddyhunt wrote:

I've entered the wrong email address for Paypal to several items which have now sold How can I change the email address?

Regards,

Paul

I had this happen once when I was setting up a new ebay starter template and I misspelled my email address. A few listing (10 or so) were made with this wrong email address before I got a sold item and no payment to my normal email address. I sold a couple of items like this.

Since I was using a Hotmail account for my payment email address, I was able to create a new Hotmail account with the misspelled email name and I added that to my PayPal account email addresses (up to 8 email addresses can be received in a PayPal account). I then received the payment from PayPal but no emails as they were already sent and lost.

So you could try to create an email account for the email address you typed in error, add it to PayPal and see if the payment arrives.

If this does not work, then I would think that you contact the buyer to cancel payment to the wrong email address and then you send them a PayPal invoice with the correct email. Wait for someone reading these forums with experience in doing this for better advice.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the advise - Will this work even though the buyer has tried to pay me?

Paul

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for your advise. I've been trading for over   years but have recently moved to Canada, so I thought I'd change my email. It was a senior moment missing off to characters from my email address and a lot of hastle to fix

Paul

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@caddyhunt wrote:

Thanks for the advise - Will this work even though the buyer has tried to pay me?

Paul

My experience was that the payment was added to my PayPal account as soon as I created the email address and add it to my email addresses in PayPal. This was 4-5 years ago. The payment from the buyer was just waiting to complete. I did not receive any emails from PayPal for the transaction since they were already sent and were lost in cyberspace I assume.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply