Payments
Ready to connect with, learn from, and share your payments experiences with other members? Join the discussion and get tips from sellers to help you get the most from payments. Please note that this board is not a channel for 1:1 customer support. For time-sensitive or account-specific questions, please contact Payments Customer Service for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Regarding the listings of Coins, Paper Money & Bullion

Business sellers who regularly list in coins, paper money and bullion categories are being notified to register in phases to have eBay manage their payments. If you've received a notification to register, we recommend you do so by the deadline indica...

eBay Payments not going through for managed Payments (small ones yes - anything over $100 no)

non-stop issue for 6 months with managed payments - everytime i call the suport line they tell me to change bank account details again?- yet all the small payments go through and get them in my bank account -what kind of solution it that???. I have s...

Canadian with US Registration Address

I sell on ebay.com and am registered with a US address but live in Canada. Ebay has restricted my acct because I cannot provide them with a US bank acct. I wnat to change my registration address to a Canadian address but am unable to do so. I have ca...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay takes shipping fees on an item even after you refunded the shipping back to buyer

Hi there, so I just recently sold two items to the same buyer, but it happened in two seperate tranactions. They were made within minutes of eachother. The buyer paid for the shipping on each transaction. Me, being a decent ebay seller combined the s...

No Payouts to CIBC

I've had no payouts (or Microdeposits) to my CIBC account since October. eBay owes me $700!After 2 months of back-&-forth between eBay & my bank, we finally discover that eBay sends the checks using the IBAN system (International Banking Account Numb...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Money held back

What happens to the money held back by Ebay if the account can't be re-verified? Does the money go to charity or will it show up in the quarterly shareholder report as a net gain? Can any competent Ebay employee answer my questions? Cheers

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyers and Sellers & Shopping on eBay since MP

How many of yourselves "members" who are both Buyers and Sellers have changed their "shopping" habits on eBay since we no longer use PP as a "Wallet" with the sales from eBay? Have you reduced your buying on eBay since the inception of MP and the $$$...

• 17 replies
  • 0 helpful

Payment

Why is ebay charging my CC $1 when I paid through PAYPAL who also charged $2.45 to get my verification code - how did ebay get my CC?!?

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Bank account

They tell, me I have to update my accounting and address. I have done the address, but I do not know how to update my banking info. I cannot list untill I have provided the banking info. Please, any help..Thanks Don

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

has anyone else solved this problem - Paypal

Paypal and ebay I attempted to register a PayPal account but couldn’t because “There is already a PayPal account connected to my email address”. (I had one (a PayPal account) over 10 years ago when I had a different phone number.(I couldn’t sign in t...

Getting paid in Canada

Hi all, I've searched and read countless topics but never saw someone with a definitive solution. I've had my ebay account for 18 years and when Managed Payments became a thing I just clicked "pay me in USD" as I figured my bank would have a better c...

eBay managed payment

Does anyone else (particularly Canadian sellers) resent being forced to switch from PayPal to eBay's managed payment system? I received notice from eBay yesterday and, for whatever good it may do, have sent the following to eBay. If you insist on mov...

• 55 replies
  • 7 helpful

please explain

I got this message but can not really see any change , what could it be ? is it credit I hope ? We recently identified a system issue that caused some charges and/or credits to not apply to your eBay account, We have corrected the issue. You will see...

Need help to open a USD account in Canada

8 weeks ago I tried to open an ebay account using USD. I was told I needed a Bank in Canada with US Dpllars. I did and sold 2 items but stlil havent’ been paid, After 2 weeks I called ebay for help. Ebay said that’s because I opened a savings account...

• 22 replies
  • 0 helpful

Renewed Credit Card, now it won't work

My credit card expired a few months back and I got the renewed one. I updated the card in eBay a week or two ago, but I can't purchase anything here with it since that update.When I try to buy something on eBay, a few minutes after checkout I get an ...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

When to ship a sold listing

I received a message that one of my items has sold. This is my first sale. But it also says the buyer hasn’t paid yet. When I check the status it says waiting for payment. So at what point I should ship the item? Do I wait until receiving the money? ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Gift Card Team Not Responding to Multiple Escalation Emails?

I’ve been trying to get eBay gift cards refund for $1400CAN since Sept 15th going through live chat for an hour each time. Four times I’ve been told that the issue has been escalated to the gift card team and I will get an email from them 24/48hours ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebays new payment system

Ebays new payment system is criminal for the lack of a better term....I have lost thousands of dollars with no response from them If you are having a issue like I am please let me know What is happening ....if I cancel a order and Ebay charges me bac...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Managed Payments: positive results?

With all the complaints about managed payments I thought I'd add a positive outcome. Twice I've had charges for automatically relisted items that somehow had the extra photos option checked. Their charges were only $1.00 (plus GST) but in the pre-MP ...

adding a first payout option

Hi! I had an ebay acount for a while now but I want to start selling shoes. I was trying to set up my bank account in my profile but there is no option for me. I can only had credit card for me to buy stuff (not to get paid by ebay) or paypall.. Is t...

ebay.jpg
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Managed Payments - here we go again

So earlier this year I attempted to set up managed payments and that resulted in me being unable to sell for 6 weeks. Eventually ebay rolled it back and everything was fixed. Now last week I got two messages from Ebay Canada and a voicemail from Ebay...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Cancel by seller

Bought an item last night, paid through Paypal. The sender has emailed me it’s out of stock, proceed to cancel order. I’m thinking I only need to cancel on the Paypal to ensure no funds taken, and it’s academic whether eBay knows or not, otherwise I ...

• 5 replies
  • 1 helpful

Managed Payments - Observations...

Observation Number 1 - Now that our "funds" are transferred to our bank accounts, I have actually almost completely stopped spending money on eBay. Except to pay the difference on those overpriced eBay packaging supplies... Observation Number 2 - It ...

• 4 replies
  • 1 helpful

eBay Canada credit issue with Canada Post

Hi I printed an eBay label today on eBay.ca. When I went to the local Post Office to drop it off.....the clerk got a MESSAGE that "Distribution Order blocked for Credit. eBay's account with Canada Post is overdue.I also spoke to someone at Canada Pos...

• 16 replies
  • 2 helpful

Managed Payments Can't Process Refund

I've been on managed payments for a few months and it "seems" to be working fine until recently. Buyer purchased a low dollar item and soon after requested to cancel as it wasn't needed. I cancel the purchase and everything seems fine for 2 days when...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Managed Payments Difficulty #1

My sign up window was quickly winding down, so not wanting to risk an unnecessary interruption I decided to go ahead and sign-up, that was yesterday, April 15th.The application process was extremely brief. After confirming my name, address and phone ...