no update and no tracking number

toddx77
Community Member

I printed a shipping label out last week and dropped a package off at a grocery store before the 5 pm pick up.  Since that time though pay pal nor ebay has updated with a tracking number or saying the package shipped.  The grocery store said that weren't any problems with pick ups last week and I went to the post office that picks up from that store and they weren't any help either.  Does it mean something if nothing has been updated?  Has this happened to anymore else?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

There are often hiccups when printing a shipping label that prevent the information from being automatically carried forward. 

You need to manually mark it shipped and add your tracking number to the order. To be safe, do it to ebay first and then double-check that paypal has the data too. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Awesome  I just did that and I got a tracking number and a location.  Thank so much for the help.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It can also in my opinion be useful if you give the tracking number to your customer as part of your feedback.

The only reason I don't is that at the price point of most of my items, tracking is an unnecessary expense. But I do leave the date and service used, with emphasis on CANADA Post.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

For me, this just seems to be affecting U.S. packages with tracking. I had to manually enter a TP parcel last week but any domestic packages with tracking and non domestic packages without tracking were automatically updated on ebay when I printed a Paypal label. I haven't printed an international label with tracking so I don't know how that is working but it is odd how it seems to be selective.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

What you are describing to me with the USA Tracked Packet is, I think, another, separate oddity. I first complained about that in the summer and I think it had something to do with having to go into each Order History (not Sales Record via the Selling Manager) and clicking on every available link until the postal systems somehow connected. (I know that doesn't really make sense but clicking on every link in each listing always fixed it.) Do you remember when I was complaining about how my tracked packages to the USA were not 'validating' they way they were supposed to? And I was irritated because it was holding me back from USA Top-Rated? 

This other thing being described I think is fallout from the glitchy things that are causing hiccups between ebay and paypal. For awhile, a few weeks ago, I had to manually upload EVERY tracking number, copying it myself from paypal to ebay. Eventually, I stopped clicking on the Item Sold link on Ebay to Purchase Postage and began to always go directly to paypal to print postage form my own bookmark and then pick the order I needed to print postage for that way. This coincided with that constant error halting. I haven't had to manually copy-and-paste any tracking information since I stopped going to paypal from ebay which is the opposite of how it should be, I realize.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

The TP parcel validated but I had to manually mark it as shipped and enter the tracking number. I have very few TP USA packages so this may have been a one time glitch. The only reason I checked to see if the information had gone to ebay is because I remembered that you were having problems.  It seems like it was just the other day though that you were complaining though.....darn, the time goes by so fast!

I've always printed my labels directly from Paypal so that isn't the problem.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I suppose we're searching for patterns among chaos. I'm out of hypotheses. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply