payment for what ever I win or buy out right

rodm1975
Community Member

I am using pay pal but got visa debit from my bank should I use visa debit on here or keep with pay pal? also what should I do if I get neg feed back cause it took to long to get the payment? thanks Cat Happy

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Buyers cannot get negative feedback. So no worries there.

Buyers who are slow to pay may find there is an Unpaid Item Dispute opened against them.

If they pay up, this goes away and there is no fallout.

American sellers can open those UIDs after 48 hours. Non-US sellers must wait 96 hours.

If you don't pay, you get a Strike as a deadbeat.

Most sellers have automatic Blocks which will not allow you to bid on their listings.

Paypal.

And back it with a credit (not debit) card.

You will then have Buyer Protections from eBay, Paypal and your credit card.

Your financial information is securely anonymized by PP, which has a wonderful reputation for this.

Also with a credt card backing your PP you can act immediately on the amazing deal  and pay it off at your leisure (with interest of course_

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

If you initiate a payment and there is a lag time between when you start the payment and when the seller actually receives it, the seller cannot open an unpaid item claim.  As already mentioned, buyers cannot get negative feedback.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@rodm1975 wrote:
I am using pay pal but got visa debit from my bank should I use visa debit on here or keep with pay pal? also what should I do if I get neg feed back cause it took to long to get the payment? thanks 

Pay however you want but PayPal gives you about 6 months after payment to file any claim if you need to so I would say that's your best choice.  If you use your PP account much you might want to transfer funds in so you can have instant payments.  If you don't and have to use an echeque (paying from your bank) don't worry about sellers complaining.  Sellers can set their listings up to insist on IMMEDIATE PAYMENT so if they have not done that they have no business complaining about clearing time. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The Canadian debit cards work the same as a credit card and Pay Pal knows this, Pay Pal receives their payment from any Canadian bank within 5 minutes, but Pay Pal will not release it to the seller for up to 96 hours and charges the buyer very high shipping rates, and also to hide it from the seller Pay Pal takes two separate payment from your card, one for the shipping and Pay Pal transaction fee and the other for the cost of the item. I think Pay Pal has a pretty good scam going, collects from both seller and buyer.  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Well, no.

A debit card is like a cheque. You can't spend more than you have in the account that backs the debit card.

A credit card is like a loan. You can spend as much as you like (to an agreed limit) and if you don't give the cc company all the money they loaned you at the end of the 30 day loan period, they charge you interest well above bank loan interest rates.

I'm not going to get into prepaid cards and gift cards.

Paypal treats debit cards like payments from a bank account. What tends to be called an 'e-cheque' here.

The e-cheque has to clear two banking systems, the US one that PP deals with and the Canadian /foreign one. This does take more time than sellers like. Four days is optimistic.

PP swears that any money they are holding is in a escrow type account. They make their considerable profits on their fees.

PP does not collect any fees from buyers. Only from sellers.

PP does not charge shipping. They do not ship anything. They are payment processors.

Having held a merchant credit card account for over 30 years and having been one of the beta testers on the debit card system some 20 years ago, I can tell you that PP is no more expensive than those services and in some ways easier to deal with. Moneris is definitely in Satan's stock portfolio.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

but Pay Pal will not release it to the seller for up to 96 hours

Oh!

Are you thinking about the Hold on payments to new and occasional sellers?

For Canadian sellers that Hold is 21 days and that is firm.

For US sellers only the Hold is until delivery is confirmed, which can be a much shorter period.

Whether there is a Hold on the buyer's payment or not, the seller is required to ship within seven days of cleared payment (even if it is being Held) or loses his Seller Protection.

Payments made from a credit card or a PP balance are transferred immediately once the 'new seller Hold' is removed.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Actually with the new Visa Debits the card is treated by paypal like any other credit card. The transaction is instant and shows up on you ebank right away. I have switched to using a separate account with a bank visa debit rather then a credit card. I can't spend what isn't in the account.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thanks all: I did buy a leather planner book it went threw on visa debit but the refills had to be paid by Paypal I did not get why or how anyhow got the email saying all went threw. I was going to buy my leather book at a local book store but thought no way too much checked on here way cheaper. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply