shipping charges

why am I paying US postage when the item is from Canada and shipped in Canada I was charged 15.00 actual postage was under 10.00

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shipping charges

@pfaceplayer5 wrote:

Thank you very much for your responce

can not send a tracked envelope across the street for less than 11.00,a very small item less than a lb is average 14-15 with tax

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

shipping charges

If the item was listed on the US site, the seller has to charge in $US. Many sellers do list there because they have many more US buyers than Canadians. When they do list there, they have to use a flat rate for all of Canada so a buyer that is closer to the seller will pay as much as a buyer on the other side of the country.

You've received your package and the cost of postage on it was under C$10?  You can contact your seller and ask if they are willing to do a partial refund on shipping. They aren't obligated to as you did agree to the shipping cost when you made the purchase but if you ask nicely they may be willing to. Keep in mind that shipping cost also includes taxes and packaging. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

shipping charges

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

shipping charges

@pfaceplayer5 wrote:

can not send a tracked envelope across the street for less than 11.00,a very small item less than a lb is average 14-15 with tax

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

shipping charges

If you want to avoid paying USD, currency conversion, and flat-rate shipping for an item located in Canada, look for the uppercase boldface C (for CAD) and not the italicized version in search list results. 

Like so...

Screen Shot 2017-06-24 at 8.33.14 AM.png

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

shipping charges

@aubreyclay56 wrote:

@pfaceplayer5 wrote:

Where do you live? Within the city of Winnipeg, I can send a tracked parcel across the street for $8CAD. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

shipping charges

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 7
latest reply