trouble with paypal

My wife was trying buy an item worth 800 dollars from my ebay account paying with my credit card thru paypal the payment got declined for some reason but she went a head and tried multiple times i dont exactly know how many times niether does she.when i checked my credit card balance i found i lost 3000 dollars. I phoned bank and they said paypal is doing a refund of those payments they took (actually they took payment all those times and gave payment declined msg )and i should wait a few days.i have no problem with that.but there is no record of that payment in my paypal activity that is freaking me out.i tried to contact paypal couldnt pass their stupid automatic phone system sent them an email 12 hours ago no reply.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

trouble with paypal

First of all, this is a problem best put to paypal directly. I called there last night on another matter and was put through, you just have to be persistent.

Did your wife log into your paypal account, or did she use the guest checkout where she didn't log into paypal but entered your credit card directly into the ebay checkout? Credit card payments are processed by paypal that way too. But unless you're logged into paypal at the time (as well as ebay) then you won't see the transaction reflected in your Account Activity.

It sounds like user error as opposed to a technical one but the technical ones do happen too from time to time. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

trouble with paypal

First of all, this is a problem best put to paypal directly. I called there last night on another matter and was put through, you just have to be persistent.

Did your wife log into your paypal account, or did she use the guest checkout where she didn't log into paypal but entered your credit card directly into the ebay checkout? Credit card payments are processed by paypal that way too. But unless you're logged into paypal at the time (as well as ebay) then you won't see the transaction reflected in your Account Activity.

It sounds like user error as opposed to a technical one but the technical ones do happen too from time to time. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

trouble with paypal

Thanks i got a reply for my email with all the details from paypal so relieved now thanks for your reply
Message 3 of 3
latest reply