100 Free Auction Item Oct 15-21st

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up as to what happened to me with this invitation. I started to sell on Oct 15th and noticed that I was being charged a 10 duration fee which was to have been free as was the insertion fee. I also noticed that they were using the remaining items in one of my 50 free monthly listings (I'd already used one up). I called eBay & they explained they were having site wide problems and that the techies were working on resolving the issue. Once my the remaining of my 50 free items were used it also started charging me 30 cents for the insertion fee. Again I phoned eBay but they assured me that it would get fixed and that the fees would be credited back. It was fixed the next day and has worked fine ever since. eBay also generously gave me 2 more of the 50 free items for the month of October.

Yesterday I got my invoice & noticed that I had not gotten credit for the fees that I had been overcharged on the 15th. So again I phoned eBay - had to explain the whole situation and the lines were very busy - expect many were phoned about their fees. The girl finally came back and told me she was credited back so much to my account. I said although I had not checked I thought it should be more than the figure she quoted me. She told me to check and call back if I wanted to. So after I got off the phone I check and yes my credit was about 30% more than they had told me it would be. So I phoned back again - spoke to someone else who told me I had already received a credit for so much (BTW this was less than what the first girl had told me was being credit back). I explained it was incorrect then she tried to tell me that the 10-day duration was not included. After much discussion she agreed that it was to be included and that she would credit me back the difference between what I had already gotten credit for and what it should have been.

Anyone who received this invitation and listed on the 15th should definitely check their invoices and determine what their refund should be and contact eBay if they did not receive. Appears they invoiced before checking and crediting fees plus you need to make sure the correct credit is processed.

This is the first time I have ever had a problem with any of these promotions which I love by the way as a seller of smaller priced items but thought I should give a heads up to other sellers out there who may have experience the same problem as me.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Now this just might be very bad business practice? Or is it something else?

One would like to think it's not...

Re-listed some items and sure enough charged for each one of the items. So there is 2 options...eat the loss or lose more money by sitting on the phone for 1 to 2 hours to get under 10 dollars back...Hmmm wonder what most people will do? Deal with the that customer service or take the lose!....Unless one is listing thousands of items, it's just worth the time and possible hassle of eBay customer service...

Sorry but could this be possible?

Not saying it's so...Just asking a question?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I am not sure either!

I know one thing even though they gave me 2 x 50 more items to replace the ones used up - yes mine are not working either and when I went to relist an item it charged me.

Last time I phoned eBay support I used the call back rather than waiting on the line and it worked fine so will maybe try that. Really wish they'd get it together - it is pretty frustrating!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

This error has happened to me in this promotion and in previous ones as well.  The CS reps cannot replace the 50+50 free listings, no matter what one may tell you.  What they can do is put a note in their record of your call - you can ask for a reference number - explaining that you are owed a credit for any listing fees incurred during the remainder of the month (ones that should have been your regular free listings).  When you have used them, and checked that you have been charged the listing fees, get all your facts together and call eBay again before your invoice due date, explain, provide the reference number, and ask for the credits owed.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You are right - my bad - I misread it - they are showing all as used but I should have still had 34 freebies for the month. Guess I will have to make another call and see what they say. I am reluctant to just list 34 and try to get my fees back after the last fiasco with them!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I strongly recommend that you call them first, and have the problem recorded, and get a reference number you would use when you do call to have the insertion fees reversed.  If the CS rep seems confused, you can ask to speak to a supervisor, or call back to speak to a different employee.  It's best to call during normal daytime work hours, you have the best chance then to speak to someone in Utah instead of The Philippines.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply