150th birthday hours for Canada Post

Canada Post offices will be closed Monday, July 3.

Postal outlets will vary. The one near me in Cambridge, Ontario is closed Saturday, July 1 and will be open Monday July 3 with reduced hours.

-..-

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Took a Tracked Packet to the grocery store outlet this morning and according to tracking it has already been picked up to the sorting facility in Richmond. Hopefully it crosses the border before tomorrow... 😃

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Once it's in the postal stream, it doesn't stop.  The machinery runs 24/7, and doesn't stop for holidays.  It's only the letter carriers and the pick-up people who stop on the weekends and holidays.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

Postal outlets will vary. The one near me in Cambridge, Ontario is closed Saturday, July 1 and will be open Monday July 3 with reduced hours.

-..-

By postal outlet I guess you are referring to SDMart and convenience stores? If so, I guess there will be no pickups anyway until Tuesday, right? I know my small town PO is closed now until Tuesday.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

By postal outlet I guess you are referring to SDMart and convenience stores? If so, I guess there will be no pickups anyway until Tuesday, right? I know my small town PO is closed now until Tuesday.

Yes, "postal outlet" refers to the franchise locations.

If there is normally a Saturday pickup, then there will be time-shifted Saturday pickup on Monday.

-..-

Message 5 of 5
latest reply