5.95 store promo offer

tobyshitzu
Community Member

If you don't have a store look for the new promo to have one for 5.95 for 4 months.   Just got it on 3/5 ids, including one that had a promo store offer last year.  Annoying this comes just after I finish redistrubuting listings between ids and .ca/com for the reduced free listings  

Usual convoluted terms, the important part is if its not canceled before the 4 months its not jsut full price for the next one, but the cancellation charge for the rest of the year too

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

5.95 store promo offer

73rhc
Community Member
Can you supply the link for this promo. Thanks
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

5.95 store promo offer

5.95 store promo offer

"Promotion will begin on the stated date within the email you received, at 00:00:01 PT (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on the stated date within the email you received, at 23:59:59 PT (11:59PM plus 59 seconds)"

The way I read this invited sellers must accept the promotion with 24 hours of the "stated date". Not valid the following day.

That is a new twist!

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

5.95 store promo offer

the actual message/email has the dates.  They must have been using the terms page for awhile with the feb example

By invitation only and applies to toby**bleep**zu; do not forward.

Please note: Invited sellers must activate the promotion by selecting "Activate special trial rate" in the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page before subscribing to an eBay Store. Subscription sign-ups prior to a seller activating the Promotion will not be eligible for the Promotional Rate. This offer may not be transferred and does not apply to existing eBay Store subscriptions.

Applies to new eBay Store subscriptions. Offer must be activated between the stated Start and End dates for the promotion to apply.

Start date: The stated date within this invitation, May 25, 2015 at 00:00:01 Pacific Time
End date: The stated date within this invitation, May 31, 2015 at 23:59:59 Pacific Time

The first four months of your Store subscription fees will be discounted, based on the Store level selected, and will start when you sign up for an eBay Store after activating the special trial rate. When the four-month trial ends, the subscription will automatically renew by the length of the plan selected, monthly or annual, and fees will return to eBay Store standard pricing. If you do not want to be charged in accordance with eBay Store terms after the special trial rate, you will need to cancel your subscription by 23:59:59 PT, on the last day of your special trial period. See Terms and Conditions for full details.

Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

Copyright © 2015 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

5.95 store promo offer

apparently ebay is acknowledging this is glitched

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

5.95 store promo offer

Be careful about this promo.

The 5.95 rate is for the first 4 months at $10 off a yearly contract plan that is 15.95 a month with early cancellation fees for the yearly contract. This is not a free trial at the lower rate for 4 months, you are committing to a year contract. I do not know if the first 4 months are part of the year leaving 8 month to go or if it is going to commit to a full year after that - 12 months.

There is also a 9.95 rate for the first 4 months at $10 off a monthly no-contract plan that is 19.95 a month with no early cancellation fees for the contract. So you can try it for 4 months at 9.95.

This is my understanding of the promo. Perhaps someone can ask in the weekly session Wed to confirm this.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

5.95 store promo offer

@toby**bleep**zu wrote:

the actual message/email has the dates.  They must have been using the terms page for awhile with the feb example

By invitation only and applies to toby**bleep**zu; do not forward.

Please note: Invited sellers must activate the promotion by selecting "Activate special trial rate" in the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page before subscribing to an eBay Store. Subscription sign-ups prior to a seller activating the Promotion will not be eligible for the Promotional Rate. This offer may not be transferred and does not apply to existing eBay Store subscriptions.

Applies to new eBay Store subscriptions. Offer must be activated between the stated Start and End dates for the promotion to apply.

Start date: The stated date within this invitation, May 25, 2015 at 00:00:01 Pacific Time
End date: The stated date within this invitation, May 31, 2015 at 23:59:59 Pacific Time

The first four months of your Store subscription fees will be discounted, based on the Store level selected, and will start when you sign up for an eBay Store after activating the special trial rate. When the four-month trial ends, the subscription will automatically renew by the length of the plan selected, monthly or annual, and fees will return to eBay Store standard pricing. If you do not want to be charged in accordance with eBay Store terms after the special trial rate, you will need to cancel your subscription by 23:59:59 PT, on the last day of your special trial period. See Terms and Conditions for full details.

Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

Copyright © 2015 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.

I did not get an invite to this store promo in ebay message or email. At least not yet. I usually have a 24 to 48 hour delay in getting any prom messages.

But I was able to active the promo using the "Activate special trial rate" link above. The link is an eBay.com link so you are activating the promo on eBay.com so you may be getting an ebay.com store and be billed in US$ for the fees.

I changed the URL from .com to .ca and was able to activate again with all .ca links. I assume this means I can start a store on eBay.ca and be billed in C$.

I saved both promo acceptance links as bookmarks. I did not subscribe to a store yet (link in the offer acceptance page).

I am trying to decide if I want a store. Basically I do not list enough items monthly and the old 50/50 non-store promo was good enough for me. The new 20/20 is too low but I keep getting the extra free promos (2 FP 30 day promos this month) so no incentive to go store. eBay is pushing store but still giving me extra free promos each month. No logic to this.

Basic store 150 free lets me list when I want and not wait for promos I may or may not get. The lower FVF rate saves a bit but does not pay much toward the store. Other store benefits are not worth the cost to me. I also do not like the new store design. I had a store twice in the past for 1 year and 2 year stretches so I know about stores.

If I go store, I would go monthly not yearly so I can opt out any time if I go store. I can't use the 150 per month + 100 auctions (both sites so double the amount of free) but I would experiment with different durations - 3, 5, 7, 10 day FP and 5, 7, 10 day Auctions since I have extra listings to use. Not too interested in GTC duration.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

5.95 store promo offer

One last comment of getting a store. Just in case a reader has not looked at ebay store free listings terms since May 1 changes.

For the basic store, you get 150 free Fixed Price listings in all categories and 100 free auctions in select categories - so called collectibles.

The old store 150 free was for auction or Fixed Price.

If you are selling mainly with auctions, be aware that only the collectibles category has 100 free auction listings.

Fees for stores - eBay.ca Canada

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

5.95 store promo offer

You can take the 5.95 with no commitment as long as its cancelled before the 4 motnhs is up.  If it goes after it will be for the year with penaly to cancel.  its explained in there somewhere

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

5.95 store promo offer

@toby**bleep**zu wrote:

You can take the 5.95 with no commitment as long as its cancelled before the 4 motnhs is up.  If it goes after it will be for the year with penaly to cancel.  its explained in there somewhere

I see it now in the terms and condition link. In the examples, the far right column header says

Yearly Subscription fee during Promotion Subscription Period (1-year term required, cancel during Promotional Subscription Period to avoid Early Termination Fees)

Thanks for the clarification.

So a seller can take advantage of the store reduced rate for 4 months and cancel if desired without getting into a year contract.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply