A different problem with Paypal labels

I have been able to do my Paypal labels on FF since getting good advise from this board.

Yesterday however I had a combined listing label to do for 4 books, 3 were quite heavy, almost 1,000 grams so I decided to send them tracked package. I filled in all the details, changed the cost to Canadian dollars, and put in all the weights. Gave a sigh of relief when the label printed.

When I looked at it however, I saw that just one of the books, (the cheapest of course) was repeated 4 times at the US cost, so the total cost was less than 2/3 of what is should have been.

I don't know if this is just happening on FF. I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

I could have voided the label and started again, but after having lots of problems getting refunds from CP in the past, I have just used the label, and hope it arrives and I don't have to claim on insurance.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So I had a shipping invoice to print today for 3 craft leaflets. Not being sure if the problem had been fixed, I averaged out the costs and made them all the same price, just in case. Well, the label was fine, all the same price of course, but each item listed correctly, so it seems as if the problem has been fixed.

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I had the same problem printing a label today.  The package had 2 items (a comic book and music cd).  When I printed the label the music cd info was printed twice and no mention of the comic anywhere on the label!  This error of course meant the item values and weights were incorrect as only one item was listed twice on the label.  It's a sad fact the major corporations like Canada post/Paypal can't even get a simple mailing label to print with the correct info.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Well, I am glad I am not the only one. My 4 items came out to about half the actual value on the tracked package label. What browser did you use?

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I used Firefox.  Never had any issues like this before the Canada post/Paypal label changes on May 5th.  The worst part is that I have no idea about who to contact about this serious issue.  All the companies involved don't seem to care about it and just pass the buck whenever there is a problem.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I used Firefox also. Next time I have a combined shipping label I will try Chrome and see if the same thing happens.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Just wondering if you ever tried Chrome???  This problem with paypal labels is a serious problem that needs to be fixed. 

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Did you know you can buy mint Canadian postage on eBay for 20% off PO counter prices?

Just sayin.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

This is still happening.  I printed a label earlier today with 2 items and the label printed the second item twice and the first item not at all.  This is serious as the weight and total value of the package are completely messed up when it does this.  Have to cross out the incorrect info and write the proper info in with a pen.  Is this what we pay Paypal/Pitney Bowes for???

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I agree, this is a real problem. The first one that happened to me was for 4 items, and the cheapest one was the one that was repeated 4 times. I had paid extra to have it insured by tracked package, so the value showed far less than it should have been, it was too much to alter it all. Thankfully it did arrive.

Paypal told me they would work on my account for this problem, I think they should be working on the problem as a whole! I have a ticket number they gave me if it happens again, now I just need someone to purchase more than one item.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@forester_studios wrote:

This is still happening.  I printed a label earlier today with 2 items and the label printed the second item twice and the first item not at all.  This is serious as the weight and total value of the package are completely messed up when it does this.  Have to cross out the incorrect info and write the proper info in with a pen.  Is this what we pay Paypal/Pitney Bowes for???

When you are setting up the label is the information showing on your computer correct and then it changes it when you actually print?

Or, is the information on the label wrong before you print it?  For example...on the second page it lists the items, prices, weight etc...you can change that info so if it is already showing the wrong info there, you can fix it before the label is done.  

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Everything is correct, but when it prints only the last item listed prints out on the shipping label.  I even retyped the correct info into all the boxes to make sure it was correct.  This did not help, the label still printed incorrectly.  Everything looks correct - item info, weight, value etc.  Except when printed the label duplicates the last item and does not print correctly.

I posted info about this on the weekly discussion thread and Raphael said he had contacted paypal about it.  So lets see how long it takes them to fix this glitch! Smiley LOL

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

That is really bizarre. I think in one post you mentioned that it ends up changing the weight on the label so are you also charged the wrong amount for postage?

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

As I said before it simply prints out the last item listed.  So if you had four different items with four different weights and four different prices it would just duplicate the last item four times and duplicate it's weight and price info four times as well.   Therefore the package contents, weight and value are all obviously incorrect, making the label useless as far as providing accurate customs info.  This is a serious issue and needs to be fixed.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

It has always charged the correct amount for postage as the info is correct until you push the pay button to print the label then the label is incorrect.  I've only had a few packages with multiple items since this started, obviously it doesn't affect labels with only a single item.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Just wondering if this problem is still occurring?  Has anyone printed a label with multiple items lately and had it occur?

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Not me, barely selling one item at a time, I would love to have a multiple sale and try it out.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

So I had a shipping invoice to print today for 3 craft leaflets. Not being sure if the problem had been fixed, I averaged out the costs and made them all the same price, just in case. Well, the label was fine, all the same price of course, but each item listed correctly, so it seems as if the problem has been fixed.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply