A new 'Advanced Selling Listing Tool' is coming?

I broke out in hives when I read this: http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y15/m08/i31/s02

"eBay will launch a new selling tool later this year, and the company is seeking sellers to join an "Advanced Listing Tool" pilot program to provide feedback about the new tool. eBay sent an email invitation to select sellers...."

I was not among the invited but that's not the source of my heightened sense of anxiety. The timing is. 'Later this year' can't possibly mean in the middle of the holiday rush which starts in my category in about two weeks and doesn't subside until Christmas Eve, can it? The Advanced Seller Listing Tool is the ONE thing that I have working like a well-tuned machine. 

After my experience with the debacle that is the current version of the Product Catalogue (at least in my categories) and all the soul-crushing, back-breaking effort that went into adding product identifiers to my listings in order to make them complaint, I don't think I can handle any new hiccups. Seriously, I cannot and more importantly, I will not.

I don't like to be a negative force, but we really need to get one big change properly implemented before moving to the next bug change. I understand there are different teams assigned to each area but human resources should then be redeployed. Put the big brains behind tinkering with the listing tools in the Product Catalogue, for example. Is that impossible?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@mjwl2006 wrote:

....we really need to get one big change properly implemented before moving to the next bug change. 

Freudian slip/keyboard slip?  Or were you being deliberately funny?  If so -- good one!  Woman LOL

Why, oh why does eBay have to "launch" another boat when they can't even get this one sailing properly?  (You're bugbear is the Catalogue, mine is the cart disconnect).  

And why, oh why, if they must rock the already tippy boat (if you'll pardon my extending the metaphor), could they not have chosen the beginning of July when everybody was complaining about how desperately slow things were here?  No, heck, why not pick a time when everybody is gearing up for the busiest run of the year to throw a few more bugs at us.  

Yikes, crikey, holy cow and OMG.   Fasten your seatbelts folks. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

.... or maybe we can hope that we're lucky and this is only going to be rolled out on .com?  

At last -- a perk of being a Canadian seller? Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Bug change?! Oh my gosh. That was totally a typo on my part. And a good one at that.

It's not that I don't embrace change but, yikes, please don't mess up stuff that's working already great. Are people complaining about the Advanced Listing Tool? What do they hope to improve? Maybe not automatically being enrolled to ship to Russia (and occasionally China) but that's been my only issue with it for the past three years. 

Yes, let's cross our fingers that this change won't migrate north of the border right off the bat. 

I need to see the Product Catalogue work. There are a half-dozen things that, as an ebay member, that I'd like to see slightly altered but at NO point in time did I ever say to myself, "Gee whiz, let's change how we list things.'

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

An advanced listing tool

Looks to be a replacement for Turbolister.

Turbolister has been a major nightmare for me over the past 10 days..

Have started up with another  ... other than eBay...  listing option....  So far so good...

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

cumos55 wrote:

An advanced listing tool

Looks to be a replacement for Turbolister.

Turbolister has been a major nightmare for me over the past 10 days..

Have started up with another  ... other than eBay...  listing option....  So far so good...

OoooooooooooOoooooh, ADVANCED listing tool not Long-form Listing tool.

I understand. I wasn't considering Turbolister: I can't use it on a Mac.

My hives are settling. Phew. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Repacement for Turbo lister? I hope NOT, it's the only thing that usually works perfectly on eBay!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

According to the article (which may or may not be accurate) sellers will access it this listing tool through selling manager. I don't have TL so have no idea how you normally access it but it sounds to me like they are referring to some sort of syi form. Although I'm often skeptical of ebay site changes and agree that the fall/winter season is not a good time to do any site changes,  I'm not going to worry about it now because it's out of my control and may not turn out to be a bad thing.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I agree with you TL works if you understand how to use it.  It would be great if the new listing tool was a new version of TL that allowed it to hold more listings.......like 10,000 or more.  But time will tell......

Message 9 of 9
latest reply