A new Paypal glitch?

I have been trying to do two Paypal labels, but each time I get a message that   The country selected is not supported.

Both are to the US, if they are not supported we are in trouble.

It seems to me that at the moment, eBay and Paypal are in competition to see who can have the most glitches!

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

A new Paypal glitch?

Well, that's a new one. What service are you trying to print a label to use going to the USA?

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

A new Paypal glitch?

Go to classic view, it will help.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

A new Paypal glitch?

@triber wrote:

I have been trying to do two Paypal labels, but each time I get a message that   The country selected is not supported.

Both are to the US, if they are not supported we are in trouble.

It seems to me that at the moment, eBay and Paypal are in competition to see who can have the most glitches!

1) Are they Puerto Rico addresses?  (state of PR, country of United States)

2) What type of shipping are you selecting?

3) Switch to classic shipping when the fancy new one is choking.

-..-

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

A new Paypal glitch?

I printed two Tracked Packet USA labels today with no difficulty whatsoever.
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

A new Paypal glitch?

No, not PR, it was MI and CA

Both were small packet

I always go to the classic, that had the same result

I always use Firefox, so I tried Chrome same problem.

It took many tries to get rid of that message and finally work.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

A new Paypal glitch?

I see it myself now. Shipping via Tracked Packet to Australia. Which is totally supported by paypal shipping. Switching to Classic worked.

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 6.53.33 PM.png

Also, I noticed this has changed. Finally, an option for Merchandise!

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 6.55.48 PM.png

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

A new Paypal glitch?

Well I am not the only one, I was beginning to think that there was a vendetta against me! So many glitches.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

A new Paypal glitch?

There is also option for return goods. I guess custom fees would not be applicable on those one.

Tried to print one label today and after fifth attempt it happened!

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

A new Paypal glitch?

Correct on the Return Goods. I mentioned that in another thread.
Message 10 of 20
latest reply

A new Paypal glitch?

Same thing just happened to me and I think I figured out what happened but not why. I was signed into .ca and went to print label. It gave me the same message you got - country not supported. When I looked closer I noticed that it had signed me into .com when I went to put my password in. Tried it several times and it did the same thing every time. I am going to try signing directly into Paypal instead of clicking on print shipping label on .ca and see if it makes a difference. Should not do that and I don't know why it is but do know it is pretty annoying. Really wish they would get some of these glitches fixed. There's enough issues for sellers to deal with, without creating new ones because of glitches!!

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

A new Paypal glitch?

Tried to sign in directly to Paypal but guess that it is a .com site & there is no .ca like there is with eBay. Still getting same message so not sure what the heck is up. Am going to call to see if they can help. Not sure what else to do and need to get a parcel mailed.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

A new Paypal glitch?

Well when I phoned them they said that it wasn't an issue for others but corrected them referring them to this thread (was eBay I ended up speaking with). They then told me it had been fixed but as I pointed out it obviously was not as I was still having trouble. I ended up switching to internet explorer and was able to do it. He then told me he would refer my problem as it should work on my browser too. Hopefully it will get resolved - the time it takes when it is not working right is what is so annoying - time you could better spend doing something else!

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

A new Paypal glitch?

Now if we could just get Paypal to populate the Customs form with the details from the sale (as the classic label system did), it would also save us all time and effort.  

Every time I use the "new format" label feature and something doesn't work, I go back to "Classic" and give them an earful in the text box that appears.  I would suggest everyone do the same, i.e. not just click past the message box.  I think that's the only way Paypal will be made aware of what's important to sellers.  

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

A new Paypal glitch?

I always do complete the form that says the reason I'm switching back.
Message 15 of 20
latest reply

A new Paypal glitch?

Me too, I haven't used the new one yet, I like the classic one. I can see no reason to change it.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

A new Paypal glitch?

@triber wrote:

Me too, I haven't used the new one yet, I like the classic one. I can see no reason to change it.

I suspect, judging by the look and layout of the new format, that, like many other changes to online sites recently, it has to do with mobile efficiency.  To use an analogy, Paypal got so excited about the new furniture that they forgot to check how comfortable it would be for those who use it most. 

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

A new Paypal glitch?

I think that one of my problems is that coming up to 74, I don't like change!!

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

A new Paypal glitch?

I don't mind change so long as it's done for good reason such as to improve something and not just for the sake of making things look new and fresh.
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

A new Paypal glitch?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get it a few times, I just click Classic and it worked.  Too many people at PayPal and also eBay (for other things) are playing with technology!

Message 20 of 20
latest reply