ATTN: EST Users - Free National Priority Shipping Envelope Promo

Just received an email with this offer from Canada Post.  Free National Priority Prepaid envelope with EVERY Parcel Shipped!

We have a special offer for you.

Ship a parcel before December 14th and we'll send you a FREE National Priority prepaid shipping envelope.* To get your free prepaid envelope, ship your package using our easy online Electronic Shipping Tool (EST) or by visiting a Canada Post retail counter. Simply use your Solutions for Small Business customer number:

Here's the fine print:

* Customer will receive a free pre-paid National Priority shipping Envelope for every parcel they ship until December 14 2015, when using the Canada Post Electronic Shipping Tool or by visiting a retail location. Customer must enter or present the customer number included within above email. Free National Priority Envelope(s) will be mailed to the address associated with your customer number between January 4th and January 29th 2016. Free envelopes will be mailed directly from Canada Post and cannot be picked up at a retail location.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Hi Joe! You must ship more packages than me, my offer is trivial and of no use to me.... (and I do qualify for the top discount although I can't use it because I put stamps on my boxes....)

Whether you ship one package or 100, your shipping is easier with On-Demand Parcel Pickup.
Simply create your labels with one of Canada Post’s online shipping tools and schedule an On-Demand Parcel Pickup and we’ll pick up your packages – free of charge – from your business!
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I actually just started using EST a week or so ago and have only sent a few packages. Currently shipping out about 125 items a week but I also use stamps and oversize letter mail and Light packet to the USA. I thought the sellers who primarily ship parcel size items would get some benefit out of this promo although I can't use it much either!
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@joetriever wrote:
I actually just started using EST a week or so ago and have only sent a few packages. Currently shipping out about 125 items a week but I also use stamps and oversize letter mail and Light packet to the USA. I thought the sellers who primarily ship parcel size items would get some benefit out of this promo although I can't use it much either!

Just out of curiosity I'm wondering why you are using EST. The last time I checked, unless you are doing huge volume, the CP discounts aren't anywhere near as good as what PayPal offers.

Have I missed something?

Thanks

thD

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Most of my sales come from other venues.  Ebay used to be my prime venue however it now come in last place for sales.  I mainly use Paypal shipping using the back door method however for some orders with multiple items I've been trying EST and find it convenient. I really like that EST provides a printed receipt with each label printed outlining cost and taxes paid and it doesn't reveal the shipping cost on the label.  Paypal shipping does not do that.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@joetriever wrote:

Most of my sales come from other venues.  Ebay used to be my prime venue however it now come in last place for sales.  I mainly use Paypal shipping using the back door method however for some orders with multiple items I've been trying EST and find it convenient. I really like that EST provides a printed receipt with each label printed outlining cost and taxes paid and it doesn't reveal the shipping cost on the label.  Paypal shipping does not do that.

Ahhh ok, thank-you very much for clarifying.

All the best.

Cheers,

thD

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@joetriever wrote:

Just received an email with this offer from Canada Post.  Free National Priority Prepaid envelope with EVERY Parcel Shipped!

Yes, I got this promo email too, but I deleted it (now I'm thinking that was perhaps premature).  I only occasionally use Canada Post's EST, and actually rarely ship within Canada, so those Priority envelopes would probably sit around for months.  Still, I guess I could send my auntie something nice for Xmas in a hurry...Woman Very Happy

I was interested to read that your eBay sales were the lowest of the venues you use.  Sad story that I'm afraid is being repeated often...

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

When we had the store (a lot of my remarks seem to include that proviso) all our venues fluctuated.

Generally the store itself did best-- and thank heavens since we had staff to pay-- but our own website, eBay, ZoS (a hobby site), our public auction, or Delcampe might be the leader at any given time.

Right now, our website is languishing, partly because we're not putting up much new, I think, and eBay is fairly strong on two IDs but weak on the third.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

"I was interested to read that your eBay sales were the lowest of the venues you use.  Sad story that I'm afraid is being repeated often..."

I had good success selling on Ebay until about 1.5 - 2 years ago when Ebay sales started to decline severely for no reason.  Now I'm lucky if I get a few Ebay sales a week.  I'm considering closing my store when the time comes that it makes no sense to keep it open.  It seemed to really decline after Ebay put the UPC code policy in place for listings.  I buy UPC codes and use them so my listings should not have decreased visibility but it hasn't worked. 

With Ebay sales low, I started selling on Amazon Canada 14 months ago.  My own website sales increased due to having visibility on Amazon.  Amazon is a very different ballgame than Ebay and takes some getting used to. Their brand new rule that sellers need to use tracking for 95% of all orders by Feb 1 (unless your item is small and fits into standard mail or letter mail ) will see more Canadian sellers returning to Ebay shortly as our "friends" at Canada Post cannot provide that service.

I began selling on Amazon.com 2 months ago and I've never been busier.  I'm very thankful as I live in Alberta which is currently ravaged by mass layoffs due to low oil prices.  Normally Albertans spend a lot of money.  For the first time in the 20 or so years I've been out here (originally from Manitoba), I'm seeing people ditching items at the checkout in the grocery store because they don't have enough money or they're buying very little just to get by.  Auto dealers who could never keep enough fancy pick up trucks on the lot for the oilfield workers have so many promos and sales right now - annoying ads on the radio one after another - but they can't sell anything much. I'm glad that I have the opportunity to sell online and not have to sell locally as a brick and mortar store does when the local economy is poor.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply