''Above'' Standard

Just review my ''Performance Level'' and I'm very surprise with my ''Above'' standard.

2,58% global and 1,81% for open case ''Not Received'' that is very wrong... We should not get low rating for ''Not received item'' when the seller is agree and proceed, without any question, to refund the buyer, especially when those items were ship int'l and in countries where the rate of ''Received'' is only know by eBay.

a VERY disappointed seller..

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

''Above'' Standard

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a NO win situtation.

If we start to provide the expensive mail service with tracking number and insurance, we will see less or no sales.

If we continue to provide the cheapest mail service with no tracking number, we will be getting lots of "not received" disputes causing more defects.  It is tough if we are getting scammers or anyone who are smart trying to dupe us in that area.

eBay used to be fun and safe when I become a seller in 2007 and lately it is becoming a real hassle due to many insane policies by eBay and also thanks to ever increasing rates by Canada Post.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

''Above'' Standard

Be prepared for more disappointments, then.

Someone has to take the fall for the INR and there are only two parties, the buyer and the seller. The buyer should be at fault?

Photobucket
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

''Above'' Standard

But if there is no fault, no mistake from any parties... why someone should ''take the fall'' ? 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

''Above'' Standard

You did not, as promised, deliver the widget to the customer. You do not get a "mulligan" for giving a refund.

Rock, you have a lot to learn about the responsibilities of being the seller. We have heard the "no fair" cry for years. It falls on deaf ears.

The shipping company is hired by you. They are your agent. Widget is deemed to be in your control until received by the buyer. Argue as much as you like, we have heard every variation, it still does not matter.

Buyer did not receive their parcel from you.
Photobucket
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

''Above'' Standard

... And he get a full refund with apology, that from my point of view is take responsability as a seller.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

''Above'' Standard

eBay's viewpoint is that your responsibility as a seller is to get the widget to the customer. Anything less than that is not acceptable.

Listen, I know what you are saying. You are "owning up". eBay likes that, but, it is too late. You are re-dressing a wrong, but, the wrong still exists. That is what the defect is for.
Photobucket
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

''Above'' Standard

Sellers have to make many decisions...

------------------------------

Situation..... Many items not received claims by international,  outside of Canada and the US, buyers.

Adjustment.... Ship only to Canada and the US....

-------------------------------

My  choice....  Ship selectively to a list of countries in Europe....  in addition to Canada and the US.

If your "business" cannot take the hits... defects in today's world....make the appropriate adjustment

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

''Above'' Standard

A high risk tolerance allows you to conduct day to day business accepting the highs and lows as part of the process.

The more one wants to argue with the process, the lower your risk tolerance. As Cumos says, take your business to the level where it does not bother you.
Photobucket
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

''Above'' Standard

Thank you both for your generous comments.

My ebay ''experience'' is pleasant so far and I have no problem at all to work every day with the ''high'' risk, if risk it is. Sell all over the world to unknow buyers, basically this is the ground of ebay business; Sell-Ship and do what ever you can to achieve a cozy transaction of your client... And refund for ''Not Received'' is part of that.

What I'm not agree with is the way NRI are effecting performance, even if you do everything you can to avoid unpleasant situations for your buyers.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

''Above'' Standard

That is a very old argument. It is a lost battle. To avoid it, eBay's advice is to send everything with insurance and tracking, end of discussion. Do that and you will have no sales.

Pick which position you want and work with it.

INR should affect performance, because as the seller, you are agreeing that the widget will get to the customer, no excuses. The buyer gets their purchase, there is no other allowable outcome.
Photobucket
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

''Above'' Standard

I think we all find the INR and other defect options frustrating. I think the goal eBay has with defects overall is to identify situations where the experience, from the buyers perspective was unpleasant, which eventually, if it happens to that buyer enough times, causes them to go somewhere else than eBay to buy stuff. I also find it frustrating that despite how polite and quick we are to refund, it still counts against us, but if we look at it from the buyers perspective, from an extreme, if they buy 7 things, and 5 do not show up, it doesn't matter if the sellers were very polite etc and they got all their money back, the fact is the buyer knows that when they buy stuff it doesn't show up and they give up buying from eBay or online....and none of us want that. That was an extreme example of course but I think that is what eBay is trying to measure. As with all measures there are frustrating "wrong" situations where we get dinged when we shouldn't (an example would be a buyer asking how long it would take and using a case to ask the question) hopefully the recording system over time will be adjusted to more accurately reflect it..... in the mean time we have to learn to live with its effects....
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

''Above'' Standard

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a NO win situtation.

If we start to provide the expensive mail service with tracking number and insurance, we will see less or no sales.

If we continue to provide the cheapest mail service with no tracking number, we will be getting lots of "not received" disputes causing more defects.  It is tough if we are getting scammers or anyone who are smart trying to dupe us in that area.

eBay used to be fun and safe when I become a seller in 2007 and lately it is becoming a real hassle due to many insane policies by eBay and also thanks to ever increasing rates by Canada Post.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply