Additional 80 FP or auction listings until Oct 15

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2015/0901/80Listings.html

That seems to be new. Definitely a nice addition to only 20 listings per month lol

Do read the fine print. Fees apply to 1 day and 3 day auction listings.

What is the promotion?

Sellers who create a listing in the auction-style or fixed price format, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein ("Qualifying Listing"), will pay no insertion fee per item listed ("Promotion") for up to 80 listings during the Promotion Period (as defined below). All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. The Promotion is in addition to the free listings per month as part of the everyday rate plan.

Auction-style listings created in 1-day and 3-day duration will not be charged an insertion fee, but will continue to be subject to the listing upgrade fee. The Promotion does not apply to final value fees or optional upgrade fees. Final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge—excluding any sales tax. Fees for optional listing upgrades (such as reserve price, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) still apply. For listing in 2 categories, you will be charged at standard rates for the second category. Please note: Not all upgrades are available in all listing flows.

Who's eligible?

This Promotion is available to sellers who meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards. Please sign in to My eBay and view yourSeller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards.

When is it?

This Promotion will begin on Tuesday, September 1, 2015, at 00:00:01 PT (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on Thursday, October 15, 2015, 23:59:59 PT (11:59PM plus 59 seconds), for listings on www.ebay.com. For listings on www.ebay.ca, the Promotion will begin on Tuesday, September 1, 2015, at 00:00:01 ET (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on Thursday, October 15, 2015, at 23:59:59 ET (11:59PM plus 59 seconds) (the "Promotion Period").

How do I activate the Promotion?

Sellers will automatically receive the Promotion when they create Qualifying Listings on the US site at www.ebay.com, eBay Motors atwww.ebay.com/motors (Parts & Accessories and Automotive Tools & Supplies only), or eBay Canada at www.ebay.ca through the Sell Your Item form, eBay Seller Tools, eBay Mobile applications, and most third-party tools. For sellers listing with any tool other than the latest version of the Sell Your Item form (SYI 3.0), the Promotional Rate may not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the discount will be reflected in the "Seller Account" section in My eBay, under the Account tab, as well as in your next invoice.

Restrictions & Exclusions.

• The following categories are excluded: eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, Classified Ad listings, Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, and Commercial Printing Presses.
  • All Qualifying Listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay's Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
  • The Promotion excludes listings with a start date prior to Tuesday, September 1, 2015 (including those listings revised during the Promotion Period). Additionally, the Promotion excludes listings that are created during the Promotion Period, but scheduled to start after the Promotion Period. Listings created prior to Tuesday, September 1, 2015, which are scheduled to start during the Promotion Period, are eligible for the Promotion.

Reference code: 2786

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

@gillian1023 wrote:

I received this one - 180 free.

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2015/0901/180Listings.html

Good for you Gillian ..... it looks like there are several different promotions going on.  I'm happy to get the extra 80.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

First of all, I'm not complaining about this promo ..... I'm happy to have it.

An observation, however.  I noticed, after listing some items today, that they are being counted against the 80 free.  So, even though the promo is good until October 15th, we would have to use them all by the end of this month, IF we also wanted to use the monthly free listings (in my case, 20).  I don't know how this affects sellers with stores.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

@jt-libra wrote:

An observation, however.  I noticed, after listing some items today, that they are being counted against the 80 free.  So, even though the promo is good until October 15th, we would have to use them all by the end of this month, IF we also wanted to use the monthly free listings (in my case, 20).  I don't know how this affects sellers with stores.

That's a very good point 'jt'.  I don't recall our ever having a promo before that ran across two months, and certainly no one has ever mentioned this.  

It seems it will be the same for stores, as I've just listed a few items today that were all counted against the 80 free.  If I'm understanding this correctly then, until I've gone through those 80 freebies, I won't get access to my usual free store listings for September.  However, once October arrives, I'd have none of the 80 left to use in October month and none of my September store listings available anymore.  

This does seem to make a long-duration promo like this a bit pointless for anyone who would like to be able to take full advantage of both sources of free listings over an extended period of time (i.e. into mid-October). 

I wonder if this even occurred to eBay?  It would be nice to be able to specify where to allocate listings (either to our regular allotment, or the promo) on a longer promotion such as this one. 

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

I hope someone will bring this up on the Wednesday Board Discussion - I agree it's not the most advantageous way for this promo to work.  I'm not available tomorrow to raise this issue myself.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

I won't be available tomorrow either, unfortunately.  I hate to post an enquiry in the morning before I leave for the day and then not be available if Raphael has a follow-up question for me.  That's what happened last week.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Hi all,

I also received a promo today but for 500 free listings including auction and FP, and it runs until October 15th.  I wonder how many different promos they have on right now?  I will definitely be making use of this one.

Cheers!

Heather

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Mine is also for 180.  Was offered 1000 free listings (I think it was almost 2 weeks ago) but was unable to take advantage of it. Wouldn't mind having that offer back.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

The promotion I received was for 80 free listings (fixed price or auction style).

I listed 85 items on eBay.ca yesterday (some auction, some fixed price)

The first 80 listings were correctly applied to the promotion offer and the rest to my monthly store allowance

I also listed about 20 listings on eBay.com and all of them were correctly applied to the promotion.

So it appears that eBay automatically assigns the first 80 (or whatever number you received) to the promotion - on each site .ca or .com - and then goes to the normal allocation.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

@threebears63 wrote:

Hi all,

I also received a promo today but for 500 free listings including auction and FP, and it runs until October 15th.  I wonder how many different promos they have on right now?  I will definitely be making use of this one.

Cheers!

Heather

There seems to be 80, 180 and 500 free listing variations of this promo from what I read in both forums (USA and Canada).

I received the 80 free promo.

Being curious (devious?), I took the URL link from one of the posts above and changed the 80 in the URL to various common numbers (100, 200, 250, 300, 500, 1000 and so on) to see if there were any more links for this promo. But none found.

In the past, changing the URL when it had a date in the URL to random future dates would occasionally (2-3 times) show future promos not yet live. This "trick" does not seem to work any more. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

@jt-libra wrote:

That's a very good point 'jt'.  I don't recall our ever having a promo before that ran across two months, and certainly no one has ever mentioned this.  

It seems it will be the same for stores, as I've just listed a few items today that were all counted against the 80 free.  If I'm understanding this correctly then, until I've gone through those 80 freebies, I won't get access to my usual free store listings for September.  However, once October arrives, I'd have none of the 80 left to use in October month and none of my September store listings available anymore.  

This does seem to make a long-duration promo like this a bit pointless for anyone who would like to be able to take full advantage of both sources of free listings over an extended period of time (i.e. into mid-October). 

I wonder if this even occurred to eBay?  It would be nice to be able to specify where to allocate listings (either to our regular allotment, or the promo) on a longer promotion such as this one. 

Thanks for raising this today.  I guess it was viewed as being a non-issue really, more beneficial to some sellers than others.

By the way:

I play classical guitar and was looking for a particular set of replacement strings.

There seems to be no end to your many talents Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

I feel like I need a degree to figure these out each time I get one because when I go to list items the result is not what I expect.

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2015/0901/180Listings.html

What am I missing in this promotion please?  Does it not say that I can list auction-style ( 1-day and 3-day) or fixed price format items for FREE?

When I try aution style I get the below - none of them are free.
1-day = $1.20
3-day = $1.20
5-day = $0.20
7-day = $0.20
10-day = $0.20

The fixed price options is showing as free but I'm not sure if it's been counted against my monthly allotment.

Thanks

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

The 1 and 3 day auctions have free basic listing, but are subject to the listing upgrade fee.  And did you see the other charges on the SYI form as you were listing, or are they showing on your invoice information?  Have you checked your invoice to see if you were credited for those other fees as "promotional savings"?   The fees do show on the SYI form, usually this sorts itself out, but sometimes there is an error with a promotion and you have to call eBay to get it corrected.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply

As mentioned, the  1 and 3 day listings do have upgrade fees.

With the 5, 7 and 10 day auctions, do you have a buy it now price? There is

a charge for that if you have a store.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

What is a SYI form?

I usually try to list a few things, choosing different options, and check if I'm being charged before I press submit, that way I can decide to continue or not.  So no, it's not added to my invoice.

Ahhh!  It's the "buy it now" price that is adding the cost.

Thank guys

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

SYI

sell your item

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Thanks. Still learning 🙂

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

In reality this promo offered up to October 15 is NOTHING!  It is because we have to use up this offer (either 80 or 180 or whatever) BEFORE we can use our monthly free listings!!

So what is the point to offer us this insane promo until October when in fact we have to use them up FIRST before our monthly free listings!!  It may be ideal for small stores with less 80 and they can use that offer until October 15 but no ideal for those stores who have more than 500!!

Those people at eBay really don't know what they are doing.  Fire them!!

Message 20 of 25
latest reply