Advice please, and, yes, I can take it.

I have a pair of devices I bought, cholesterol testers. They turn on, power up, etc. I do not believe that they function as intended. That is okay, I bought them that way.

How does one advertise "not working, for parts only" something that powers up and looks like it is working?

I mean, I have seen this type of discussion before "Not working but it turns on" which leads the buyer to expect a working machine. What wording would you use?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I have no idea what you are talking about. Who are you, and, who are you to me?

What is your opinion about non working cholesterol testers that seem to function? How would you advertise them?
Photobucket
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

So, what you're saying is that you are not trolling?  😉  My internet-fu has been off before.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Oh good, now there is a post missing. This makes no sense. Now it looks like I am talking to myself. Not that that is unusual.
Photobucket
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Hey I did wonder why you were talking to yourself, figured maybe one too many brown pops....

Maybe something like:

"2 Cholesterol testers. Turn on ok but believe not working properly. Assume for parts."

"2 for parts Cholesterol testers. Turn on ok but probably not working properly"

Turbolister is in ready to drop mode so I can't test the length of these but they may give good ideas.....
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I pretty much ended up with your second wording. I have them going separately. Heck! The adapter is worth more than I paid for the whole lot. Powering up these are worth $80+, each.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Your listings has been found.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Cholestech-LDX-CTolesterol-Tester-Analyser-412-00008-Optics-Check-Cassette-/2...

You have no manual...  A Manual might help identify why the analyser is not working.

Instruments such as these have to be calibrated properly...  Repairing a damaged item... using parts from another instrument... yours for parts only .....is questionable.

Factory specifications must be strict.....

Although these instruments appear to be very accurate.....  The final number given by the instrument has a built-in value for error of prediction

The cholesterol level is measured indirectly.... and as a consequence, the final number for cholesterol does have a built-in value for error of prediction.

Meters that come from the factory are calibrated properly.

Buying anything other than a new meter  would be questionable...  A repaired meter cannot be guaranteed to give a correct value.

---------------------------------------------

I would not recommend buying a repaired meter....  The final calibration must be strict, and might not be possible, or guaranteed  with a repaired meter.

A new meter is guaranteed to a level of accuracy by the manufacturer....

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Took another look.... You have the manual.

The manual might help in finding out what is wrong..... 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

In the title I would state that the item was not working and was being sold for parts.  Then there is less chance of someone missing that information. Of course, you could write in a couple of different places and it still might be missed by some.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I have two, but only one manual and one power supply. I am using up free auctions and then figure where I am going after.

These things powering up make them worth a lot more than "I dunno". Working correctly and they can be worth $1000. I figure that I will get someone whop fixes and re-sells these.

There was no descriptor of "not working, parts only" in this category. There is in Motors. That is where I got jiggered.

I am in to this lot for $10. Power cord is worth $15.

I agree. It doesn't matter how many times ya say "NOT WORKING" someone will figure it does. That is why I included the displayed error message. Maybe I will look later. The error message could be simply because there is nothing in the test slot.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 10
latest reply