After spending hours putting UPC codes in the system it appears to dump them on the next relist.

After spending hours putting UPC codes in the system it appears to dump them on the next relist. Most of my listings are for Japanese products. Does the omniscient UPC data base have foreign UPC codes and did I just waste massive amounts of my time?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

After spending hours putting UPC codes in the system it appears to dump them on the next relist.

That would be frustrating. I know a lot of sellers are having similar problems and right now, According to ebay, if you use sell similar the upc is taken out so that we don't 'accidentally use the wrong upc.' Hopefully they will change that.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Dunno if it's related but I am now receiving errors when I am bulk listing saying that "Japan is not an applicable value for Country of Manufacture." The item says "Made in Japan" right on it so what the blankety blank is going on! I also got one saying the same thing about the "Russian Federation"

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

DON'T USE THE BULK RELIST TOOL to add your UPC data!

It is faulty. Whatever you add will vanish as soon as you submit. I have reported this and it is happening on ebay.com too. 

And DO NOT try to 'sell similar' or all your data in the UPC field will be wiped out.

This too I learned the hard way.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

@treasure.hunter.d wrote:

Dunno if it's related but I am now receiving errors when I am bulk listing saying that "Japan is not an applicable value for Country of Manufacture." The item says "Made in Japan" right on it so what the blankety blank is going on! I also got one saying the same thing about the "Russian Federation"

There is an awful lot of blankety blank going on here tonight. I've had it. I wish I had read this post before I 'sell similar'd all my newly-input UPC data to Neverneverland. 

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

The clue is "Country of Manufacture" which was replaced quite some time ago by the Item Specific "Country/Region of Manufacture"  I got the same message about "Canada is not an applicable value....", and realized I had copied an old template that predated that change.  Deleting the "Country of Manufacture" item specific and using the newer "Country/Region...." one did the trick.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

That is the problem and the solution. I had the same thing happen near the beginning of the week.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

@canadareads wrote:

The clue is "Country of Manufacture" which was replaced quite some time ago by the Item Specific "Country/Region of Manufacture"  I got the same message about "Canada is not an applicable value....", and realized I had copied an old template that predated that change.  Deleting the "Country of Manufacture" item specific and using the newer "Country/Region...." one did the trick.

Much appreciate the heads up.

Thanks tons.

Cheers,

thD

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to know why eBay needs to require those idiots things that doesn't make senses at all!!  I am so sure that not all buyers would want the specific UPC codes to search.  They would type "Robert Redford The Sting DVD" and it would come up!!  Duh to eBay!!

I think eBay needs to stop inventing those idiots requirements or policies that are not making senses and are time consuming!!  eBay is JUST A VENUE for us to sell our items and that is it!!

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I would like to know why eBay needs to require those idiots things that doesn't make senses at all!!  I am so sure that not all buyers would want the specific UPC codes to search.  They would type "Robert Redford The Sting DVD" and it would come up!!  Duh to eBay!!

I think eBay needs to stop inventing those idiots requirements or policies that are not making senses and are time consuming!!  eBay is JUST A VENUE for us to sell our items and that is it!!

Unique identifiers are not for consumers, they are to make it possible for search engines like Google to makes sense of the mess that is eBay.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Does anyone know if the Bulk editing tool is working for this yet?

I'm reluctant to waste my time for the fourth time to go and experiment with it.

I have 200+ listings ending within 24 hours and many have identical UPCs.

If only the tool worked like it was supposed to work -- i.e. you add the UPCs and don't get incorrect error messages and/or product identifiers vanish as soon as you hit submit -- my level of anxiety would be so much lower. 

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

No, you would not be able to relist without UPC, I have this message all day long (and can't move to the next page):

Please provide the correct information in the highlighted fields.
  • UPC - Required field, UPC, is missing. Please add UPC to the listing and retry the operation.

Also I have bar codes without actual number, or items without boxes, or GWP, or wholesale lots, or rare items, but cant find UPC anywhere even at manufacturer websites.

Beside that, will have to enter those UPC again when use "sell similar".... unbelievable.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

For now you might want to use Does not apply with those items.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Edit listings
(5 listings) 

Errors and warnings (5)

No product found for ProductListingDetails. <673419231527>. (5)
Edit fieldsActionEdit priceCustomize columns

UPC/EAN/ISBN  Title Photos Buy It Now price Starting price Quantity Duration Condition Format Last modified Preview Fees   

673419231527LEGO 71009 THE SIMPSONS Minifigures BARTMAN #5 BART SERIES 2 SEALED Minifigs NEW12 [Edit]C $12.65--130 days-NewUsedNewFixed price8:43 am [View] C $0.00  
 673419231527LEGO 71009 THE SIMPSONS Minifigures DATE NIGHT MARGE Fancy Dress SERIES 2 SEALED12 [Edit]C $14.79--130 days-NewUsedNewFixed price8:43 am [View] C $0.00  
 673419231527LEGO 71009 THE SIMPSONS Minifigures DATE NIGHT HOMER Best Suit 1 SERIES 2 SEALED12 [Edit]C $10.36--630 days-NewUsedNewFixed price8:43 am [View] C $0.00  
 673419231527LEGO 71009 THE SIMPSONS Minifigures MAGGIE SANTA'S LITTLE HELPER SERIES 2 SEALED12 [Edit]C $13.56--730 days-NewUsedNewFixed price8:43 am [View] C $0.00  
 673419231527LEGO 71009 THE SIMPSONS Minifigures LISA SNOWBALL II #3 SERIES 2 SEALED Minifig12 [Edit]C $15.15--130 days-NewUsedNewFixed price8:43 am [View] C $0.00  
Message 15 of 21
latest reply

Now I am very confused.  How can five different items have the same UPC code?

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Errors and warnings (5)

No product found for ProductListingDetails. <673419231527>. (5)
Edit fieldsActionEdit priceCustomize columns

I reported this error weeks ago. How does ebay expect us to fulfill the requirements of this if they don't give us the tools to work with? This is a valid UPC. The bulk editor TOOL DOES NOT WORK when I am attempting to rectify the absence of UPCs. 

(Yes, I am YELLING now.) 

Is there going to be a Board Hour this week? It falls on Canada Day. What do they 'normally' do when that happens? 

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Now I am very confused.  How can five different items have the same UPC code?

There are a few instances where that happens with toys in Canada.

One is with Disney Cars: any character comes with the same UPC but a different MPN. Within a series, there will be hundreds of different characters across the international selling field (excluding the USA) with the same UPC or EAN but different MPN. Collectors and children care about the character. 

This is Lego. They are minifigures sold in factory-sealed blind bags. I have 'the touch' and can tell who is inside. That is how I sell them. Sealed. Individual and in lots. But still sealed. There are 16 characters per series that will all have the same UPC. Same MPN. People need the character to complete their collection. 

Plus every single Hot Wheels released per year and we're talking hundreds of different cars has the same UPC but different MPN. 

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

I have discovered that I can IGNORE the 'invalid no product found' warning and still submit the bulk edit. The UPCs will stick. Even when the orange flag still displays for this specific error message, hit submit and go forward. It has worked for me. 

Thank goodness. Like I was bellyaching earlier, I have almost 200 listings ending within the day and they all have to be revised to include the UPCs even when the UPCs were already there as Custom Item Specifics. More than 400 in total still to go. 

Message 19 of 21
latest reply