Ali Express seller Using my picture

Received an email from a potential buyer accusing me that one of my items were chinese fakes. All this because a seller on Ali Express has stolen my pictures of the item and is posting it as his own.

I wouldn't normally be to concerned if it wasn't that another buyer has also stated to the same fact. This only makes me believe there must be others who have not contacted me feeling the same way.

I went on Ali Express and sure enough there are my pictures. Not just my pictures but other pictures that I recognise from sellers in the past. Seems to be a common practice with Chinese sellers as many photos they are using have been stolen.

I have made a report to Ali express in the hopes that they to have the same intellectual property rights as on Ebay. Ali Express does have a IPR Protection policy. So I guess , we will see. Anyone else come in to this problem?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

It comes from the link, in every listing, "Have one to sell? Sell now". A lot of sellers do not even realize they are stealing someone's listing.

I firmly believe that these people think it is a generic template that they can use.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

You could try putting your watermark on all of the pictures.

Also adding a picture of the "Made In " label if the jerseys(?) are not made in China. Oh, you already do that. Maybe make it picture #2 rather than #6 or so?

For a while there some sellers who hosted off eBay and found their pictures used by others were replacing them on the third party host with something more amusing. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I found one of my custom lots being sold on The River and they were immediate in their removal of the offending photo. It still had my ebay watermark on it. Is there any way for you to contact the seller(s) directly? I can understand the reason you are worried. Would you consider adding a line to all of your own listings warning people NOT to purchase anything outside of your site here on ebay? My Items presently say: "McQueen and Mo Mater loves what we sell, we value our customers and stand behind our feedback. Considerable time and effort is invested into creating listings that work. No permission granted for use of our photographs and/or descriptions; this is a copyright violation. It is prohibited by eBay policies. Using ‘Sell One Yourself’ from our listing? Please do not copy it word-for-word. Looking for more? Something different? If you do not see what you want, please ask. We are always happy to discuss custom bundles for buyers. Visit the eBay store McQueen and Mo Mater for more great items!" but the wording in the past was less polite about it. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

It comes from the link, in every listing, "Have one to sell? Sell now". A lot of sellers do not even realize they are stealing someone's listing.

I firmly believe that these people think it is a generic template that they can use.

The picture, description etc. doesn't come up when someone clicks on sell one like this.

The Ali sellers probably use other sellers pics because if they took pics of their own items people might realize that they are not the real thing.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I had a seller awhile back that was using my Photos also. He bought a couple of items from me earlier and re-listed them on his site. I had another buyer e-mail about the Photos. Since I water mark all my Photos is was still on his photos. When I contacted him his answer was when he bought the item he bought  the Photos also . Since he was a fairly new seller when I told him I would be contacting E-Bay about it they were gone in a flash and I have not had a problem since

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

There really is only one solution ...

i love ebay watermark

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I have tried to contact the Chinese seller. Only response I got back was " OK THANKYOU". The seller  continues to use my pictures. I have since tried to contact the seller with only silence in return. The same is to be said about Aliexpress. I have made complaints but thus far only silence.

I have considered watermarking. The only reason I haven't yet, is because the time it will take to water marh each pic. Anyone know the best watermark tool?? Thanks 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I have considered watermarking. The only reason I haven't yet, is because the time it will take to water marh each pic. Anyone know the best watermark tool?? Thanks 

I don't know about the best watermark tool but ebay has one available on the SYI listing form.  Click on "add or remove options" beside the "describe your item" line.  Click on "photos" then click on "enable watermark"

Message 9 of 9
latest reply