Announcement: CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS EBAY CANADA LAUNCHES 13TH ANNUAL ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR AWARD

The Announcement comes from earlier this week but no one has discussed it yet and I just wanted to flag it in case people forget to check that section. http://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/07/25/8028/

It's a nice honour for the right applicants, and I would encourage fellow sellers to consider whether they fit any of these bills and if so apply. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 12.38.41 PM.png

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Announcement: CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS EBAY CANADA LAUNCHES 13TH ANNUAL ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR AWARD

Here's the actual application http://pages.ebay.ca/eoy/

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 12.44.05 PM.png

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for the info MJ.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Really wish I could apply, but I'm not selling enough to be considered. Hopefully one day if it becomes more than a hobby 😉

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I'd settle for a gold sticker. Maybe they could mail you one every month your monthly fees are above a certain target, like $1k.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

"Integrated Entrepreneur of the Year

An eBay seller who has built a thriving business by integrating multiple retail channels..."

Huh. 

I don't mean to be snide (or maybe I do), but hasn't eBay condemned on principle and punished sellers for "integrating multiple retail channels" by selling anything, but anything, beyond eBay and trying to link the two?  Now they're giving out rewards for achieving such entrepreneurial sleight-of-hand in spite of those activities being verboten?  

Huh. Woman LOL

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

You do.   🙂

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Interesting, last year's winners were a seller of mass-produced designer watches and jewellery, a seller of mass-produced cell phone accessories, and a seller of mass-produced specialty/designer sports shoes and clothing, all with stock photos, most probably made in China, and some shipping from outside Canada.  

There is nothing inherently wrong with any of this of course, but I think it pretty much sums up where eBay's focus is, where they want their site to go, reflected in what eBay advertises every day on its landing pages.  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I assume that sellers need to self-nominate since the first criteria to be met is $1000 per month in sales and only a seller is in the position to know what performance marks they hit monthly. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply