Another Canadian Dollar coupon

Just received an email with another $10 off coupon to shop Canadian - again on a $50 purchase. Good till 10 pm ET tonight. Give eBay credit for trying on this anyway. Last one did not help me but my item for the most part are small ticket items but hopefully it it good for some other Canadian sellers.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

i never received one nor a member of my family....
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I haven't received it in an e-mail, but I do see it on the eBay.ca home page.
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@katlover1952 wrote:

Just received an email with another $10 off coupon to shop Canadian - again on a $50 purchase. Good till 10 pm ET tonight. Give eBay credit for trying on this anyway. Last one did not help me but my item for the most part are small ticket items but hopefully it it good for some other Canadian sellers.

Save $10 on purchase of more than $50

Expires: Wednesday, September 28 at 10pm Eastern Time zone

One use only: CANADIANDEALS

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2016/0928/buycanadian.html

I've just finished rounding the prices of some of my items up to $50 ...

-..-

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

How does it work then and who absorbs the discount cost? If a buyer buys $50 worth of your stuff, don't you still get $50 anyway instead of receiving only $40? I'm thinking its eBay's promo so eBay would cover it.
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

The seller still gets paid the full amount.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Thanks! I would hope so but you never know. 🙂
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@i.am.vivian wrote:
How does it work then and who absorbs the discount cost? If a buyer buys $50 worth of your stuff, don't you still get $50 anyway instead of receiving only $40? I'm thinking its eBay's promo so eBay would cover it.

It does require the buyer to check out using paypal. There is a spot to enter the discount code.

The buyer pays price minus $10.

The seller gets the full selling price (minus the usual fees).

-..-

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

I am looking for some things to buy. From a buyers view, can anyone answer these questions.

Do you have to buy one item at $50+ CAD or can you make multiple purchases from one seller to go over the $50 amount?

Another scenario is buying more than one item when the listing has a quantity of more than one to go past $50. I think this would work.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

The terms of the coupon state: "Coupon can be used once per PayPal account within a single transaction (or cart)..."

I would say that means any number of items from any seller(s) in one transaction, as long as the combined price is $50+ CAD ("excluding shipping, handling, and taxes", as stated in the terms).
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

The promo email notice comes with a subscription to ebay Canada Deals. 

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@thestuffofchris wrote:
The terms of the coupon state: "Coupon can be used once per PayPal account within a single transaction (or cart)..."

I would say that means any number of items from any seller(s) in one transaction, as long as the combined price is $50+ CAD ("excluding shipping, handling, and taxes", as stated in the terms).

That's right.  Last time I placed two items in the shopping cart, from two different sellers, and received the $10 discount.  The stipulation is that the item has to be located in Canada.  At first, I added two items from Canadian sellers to the cart; however, when I went to check out, one item had been listed in USD and the other in CAD, so the discount wouldn't work.  So I just revised my order and purchased two items in CAD.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

I just did a test with 3 items from the same Canadian seller, all of which were in USD, and the coupon was applied. Perhaps this specific coupon doesn't require the items to be in CAD, as long as the seller is in Canada.
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

I have to admit that I didn't read the details of this one. I assumed it was the same as the last one. It seems to work if the items are both CAD or both USD. I ran into a problem when I put one of each in my cart.
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Oh, of course. I didn't catch that before. You cannot combine currencies in one transaction. Each has to be paid separately. 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

So if your items were $30 Cad and $20 USD, you'd have to place two orders and the coupon criteria of $50 wouldn't be met. 

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Like in the eBay.ca Shopping Cart, you can put both USD and CAD into it*. But you cannot pay multiple currencies in one order. It's been that way as long as I can recall. 

*Unlike the eBay.com Shopping Cart or eBay.co.uk Shopping Basket. Those accept only listings native to their own site, none from the outside. 

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Curious why when I sign up for Ebay deals on .ca do I end up on .com?

Message 18 of 18
latest reply