Another Paypal Glitch?

I have used Paypal shipping labels for a very long time and got the following message when trying to print shipping label this morning?

"The buyer's name and shipping address could not be pre-filled because your eBay username has not been added to your PayPal profile. 

To add your eBay username to your PayPal profile, go to your PayPal Account Profile and click on the Auctions link in the Selling Preferences column."

I link to Paypal using the "print shipping label" from my ebay home selling page and this was the result today. It did not populate the buyers information on the shipping but presented me with this message instead. Anyone else have this issue recently? Is this now a new requirement since the split? They no longer no my ebay user name???

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Another Paypal Glitch?

Logged out. Went back in to print shipping label again, no error message this time and I did not do the "fix" that they requested. Very weird!
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Another Paypal Glitch?

Got that message last night. Logged out and tried again and had no problem that time. Must be some kind of glitch. PayPal is getting really messed up lately.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Another Paypal Glitch?

same thing happened here

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Another Paypal Glitch?

Just sold an item yesterday & received this message again. There is NO auctions link in the sellers preferences that I can find. Really annoying! Are you  logging out of EBAY & then back in to try to print the shipping label? or just Paypal?

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Another Paypal Glitch?

I got that too and did the log out/log in.

BTW, perhaps because I use an iMac, I always have to use the 'reprint' for the label because it will not print when it comes up. This has been going on for several years, so I do it automatically now.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Another Paypal Glitch?

This continues to happen sporadically. I find by hitting the back button returning to the ebay page then click on print shipping label again it seems to populate it properly the second time. A bit of a pain but at least I can get a label. What also continues to happen is once the label is printed and I return to ebay it still shows the item unshipped and I have to manually ship it which is a bigger issue if you forget to do that as you have a stated handling time! It also very often does not upload he tracking number to the ebay item like it used to and I often have to manually add that. Lots of glitches but getting used to "work arounds"

😞

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Another Paypal Glitch?

This happens to me at least once a day.  I click summary and go through the buyer's name to print the label from the summary page.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Another Paypal Glitch?

I'm a Mac user too, and this used to happen to me.  There is a blocker in System Preferences that you need to disable, or you need to allow pop-ups .  I found this fix a few years ago, and unfortunately I can't remember how I fixed it. Perhaps another Mac user can help with this.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Another Paypal Glitch?

This happens to me quite often too (didn't used to) and I also just go to summary then print the label I want. Seems to work fine when you do that. Don't know why is happens periodically and not all the time. Expect it is some type of glitch.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Another Paypal Glitch?

Get this randomly last 2-3 months.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Another Paypal Glitch?

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I got that too and did the log out/log in.

BTW, perhaps because I use an iMac, I always have to use the 'reprint' for the label because it will not print when it comes up. This has been going on for several years, so I do it automatically now.

You probably have a popup blocker stopping the popup that comes up with the PayPal shipping label.

When I moved to this new (old with fresh Windows install and fresh browsers) computer 2015 Jan, I had problems with different popups that eBay does (preview in the SYI for example) and PayPal shipping labels being blocked. I saw in my browser top right a little flag or colored icon show which indicates a popup was blocked. Click on it and it will ask if you wish to allow popups for that site or page. Allowing just that page to popup stops the spamming popups but allows the "good" ebay/PayPal popups to show.

Here is a FireFox page on how to allow specific popups. There are similar pages for other browsers.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pop-blocker-settings-exceptions-troubleshooting

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Another Paypal Glitch?

Thank you all for the replies, glad/sad to hear  it's not just me! I am PC & have to do the "reprint" to get my label as well which has, so far, worked fine. I just wish when  an error message asks me to do something that there would be a link to that so I could "solve" the problem. Talk about a ghost in the machine.

Today I did the arrow back from Paypal to my Ebay summary page & then hit the print shipping label button again, worked as it should, filling the customers address info.

You would think an entity as BIG as EBAY/Paypal would be on top of these problems & working diligently to solve them & keep all of us happy! Smiley LOL

I must be new here, right?

Happy Thursday All!

Message 13 of 13
latest reply