Any Canadian sellers here who use USPS to ship their items?

I am curious if there are any Canadian sellers who use USPS... like going down the the states and shipping their wares through there?

I'm asking because I've heard of some people doing this, but I am not sure of the logistics of it all, like, do you require a US mailing return address on it or can you use your own Canadian address? Do you even need a return address on it?

I have a bunch of posters that I would like to sell, but being from Canada, I am afraid that CanadaPost is going to charge an arm and a leg for them, so I would like to see if shipping via USPS is a viable option for me since I live near the border (though this would probably require me getting a Nexus pass to make it worth my time).

Message 1 of 261
latest reply
260 REPLIES 260

The company name may have been edited by a mod from the post but I found the company's name by googling 'markham ship usps'

Message 201 of 261
latest reply

If you need someone in Montreal, contact  Very diligent, reliable, been dealing with them 8+ years.

Message 202 of 261
latest reply

Hi,

was is the name of the company you deal with for the US shipping?

thanks

Message 203 of 261
latest reply

Hi recped, I just stumbled across this post and was wondering what the best option is for purchasing/printing USPS shipping labels as a Canadian seller? Can it be done through Paypal shipping labels? A new service recently opened up in my home town that offers parcel drop off at USPS (with a 1-2 day lead time), for $3.50 per item. I'm totally hoping to take advantage, but curious on how to best deal with USPS?

Message 204 of 261
latest reply

Hi recped, I just stumbled across this post and was wondering what the best option is for purchasing/printing USPS shipping labels as a Canadian seller? Can it be done through Paypal shipping labels? A new service recently opened up in my home town that offers parcel drop off at USPS (with a 1-2 day lead time), for $3.50 per item. I'm totally hoping to take advantage, but curious on how to best deal with USPS?

Just a heads up to let you know that recped is off-line for the next few weeks, he is not ignoring you. 

Message 205 of 261
latest reply

@xpertek wrote:

Read this recent topic on using a free Stamps.com account for eBay sellers to USPS postage.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Any-Canadian-sellers-using-Stamps-com/m-p/341696

Post 8 by recped.

Message 206 of 261
latest reply

Is there anything like Cross border Express or Chit Chat Express in the Kitchener area that anyone knows of?

Message 207 of 261
latest reply

Ah ok np.. thanks!

Message 208 of 261
latest reply

Hmm very interesting. Thanks for pointing it out.. and appreciate the help!

Message 209 of 261
latest reply

You don't have to be close to use Chit Chats or other services.  In British Columbia at the  new Chit Chats  people are couriering in their packages from all over the province, some from Alberta, even as far away as Winnipeg.

Check out some of your local couriers.  You will need to be able to print USPS postage.

Message 210 of 261
latest reply

Sorry about the 0 posting.  I haven't posted here for a while and for the life of me could not remember my password,  Asked for a reset twice , but got Zilch from Ebay

Bookstotheborder is my old ID

Message 211 of 261
latest reply

And CCE can hook you up to print USPS postage if you don't have access to a postage program for USPS

Message 212 of 261
latest reply

latte403
Community Member
Sellers in Alberta can use DYK Post. Chit chats in BC is the old books.
Message 213 of 261
latest reply

Old Books,. I ain't all that old. 😉
Message 214 of 261
latest reply

Sorry. Norma. I meant to say "used to be books". 😉

Message 215 of 261
latest reply

🙂
Message 216 of 261
latest reply

Thank you very, very much for your old post about chitchatsexpress.com 

Canada Post, UPS, you name it.  They eat babies.  

I was pulling my hair tonight about shipping my first sale.  Then I saw your post.

I will try using it anyway and hope for the best 😛

Thanks again.

@pocomocomputing wrote:

I believe that you are located in Surrey, BC in the lower mainland from your listings.  There is a service by Books to the Border (eBay id bookstotheborder) that will provide shipping for any items by USPS.  They make daily trips to the USA to do this.  They have pickup locations here and for a fee can provide a USA return address.

I do not use this service but you may be interested.  The savings by USPS pays for the service and you save too.

Here is their web site

http://bookstotheborder.com/

In the East, there is Chit Chat's Express for sellers in the Toronto area.

http://www.chitchatsexpress.com/

For your info.  Both services post in these forums.  If you do a search on their forum ids, bookstotheborder and chitchatsexpress, you can find some helpful posts on using USPS.

Message 217 of 261
latest reply

A poster is around $22-$27 through Canada Post. Depending on the size it might go as tracked packet but some have to go expedited parcel.
Purolator can also ship posters for around $20
Message 218 of 261
latest reply

@prarie_nerd wrote:
A poster is around $22-$27 through Canada Post. Depending on the size it might go as tracked packet but some have to go expedited parcel.
Purolator can also ship posters for around $20

You are replying a post from 2011. Smiley Surprised

Message 219 of 261
latest reply

I sell a lot of items to USA and the ONLY way I could remain competitive is by using USPS. There are two ways to do this. Drive to USA myself or use a courier like Chitchats Express.

Driving to USA (from Toronto), would take 6 hours, $50 in gas and $15 in tolls (back and forth trip) and not to mention the mileage on the car. I have done a few of these trips myself but I have decided to ship using another courier after crunching the numbers.

I used to ship with Chitchats Express but like other members here pointed out, their customer service is just bad and sometimes appallingly rude. (Example: They are supposed to be open until 5pm but when customers would come in at 4:50pm, I have witnessed the owner/manager shout at the customers "Why are you people coming in so late don't you know what time it is?!") 

I switched to Stallion Express in early 2016 and I can only say great things about them. Their prices are lower for everything, their opening hours are longer, their customer service is top-notch (they even helped me out with figuring out how to ship items to FBA in usa). I am not being paid by them but I just feel more people should know about this relatively new company. I feel that many sellers would not be shipping with Chitchat if only they knew there was a better and cheaper alternative.

Message 220 of 261
latest reply