Any Opinion On Value of This Stamp?

Hi, I have this Canadian stamp, it is stuck on the corner of an envelope, but not canceled because when I stuck it on, many years ago, I noticed the manufacturing flaw in it.  There is a largish round dot where the ink did not appear.  Isn't this unusual, and therefore perhaps makes the stamp "valuable"?  Thanks.  Kathy

Kathy at eBay A Vintage Collectible
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

From the scan, it is impossible to see if the stamp is simply damaged (still worth forty-five cents postage) or if it is a variety - which may be worth a few dollars.  Since it is stock on paper and foes not have original gum, it would unfortunately attract few collectors.

Good Luck

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

That particular issue has a large volume of those printing errors. I have seen collectors with accumulations of 100s of these (after they have been used) with dots of all sizes. They have almost no philatelic (collectible) value..... 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks ricarmic,  I was afraid it would have no value.  For one thing, it is stuck on paper already.  I didn't know of the fact that you mention - lots of those had printing errors - but I'm not surprised. 

Thanks for replying.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks pierrelebel,  I was taught a bit about stamps by my Dad, and I knew that since this stamp is already stuck on paper, it would have a low value.  I just wasn't sure if I had found the rare flawed stamp with value that no one else saw.  (LOL)  Thanks for replying.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply