Anyone else experiencing their LOWEST SALES EVER with the switch to CDN funds only???

44 REPLIES 44

Anyone else experiencing their LOWEST SALES EVER with the switch to CDN funds only???

I've noticed that too.

I don't want to belittle anyone's concerns about the switch to Canadian because I honestly don't know if it will affect all Cdn sellers,  some Cdn sellers or none at all. But it does seem that some sellers who have switched or are in the middle of switching are assuming that this is the only factor for slower sales and I think that it is too early to come to that conclusion. But that's just my opinion...

Message 41 of 45
latest reply

I just noticed that there are a few 'why are my sales so slow' on the U.S. boards too. But similar threads are posted there every month by someone different.

Message 42 of 45
latest reply

I use Chit Chat's Express to get it to Niagara Falls, where it is then accepted by USPS and I can ship via Media Mail.

Also, there is no "international" option for the US, it's USPS Media Mail or Light/Small Packet Airmail from Canada Post.
I give them the choice depending on how fast they want it.

Message 43 of 45
latest reply

I am consistently working to be the cheapest price when the sale price + shipping is combined. Most items are free within Canada as well.

The shipping discount for US sellers buying postage online isn't *that* much of a difference. I have a Stamps.com account that I use for Media Mail USPS, and the difference is cents per item.
Message 44 of 45
latest reply

Hello guys, for what its worth (from an Asian/Aussie seller), this time (March, April, May) is always the slowest of the year. For me it picks up in July, August and the rest of the year.

Of course it depends what you sell - for me mostly pens popular around spring break, xmas, and cosmetics - popular in summers.

Maybe things will pick up for you in a month or two without any action required 🙂

Also the no.1 advice I would have for ebay sellers is to aim to establish product lines, rather than assorted items.

Getting to the top on best match by selling lots, and/or cheap at least to begin with, is a winning strategy (if you can afford it).

We all know ebay doesn't make many things easy for us, despite the rhetoric!!

Message 45 of 45
latest reply