Anyone know how in the world Chit Chats Express works?

With the Canada Post strike threats I've been looking for alternatives. I've been trying for years unsuccessfully to understand how ChitChats express works. My main question that I can't find an answer for even on their own website, is how in the world do I get my packages from me to ChitChats so they can re-ship?

Is this a service only available if you live close enough to them to bring your packages to them? Or do you ship them to them and they then re-ship?

It seems like it would be an awesome service, but I just don't understand how it works at all and if it's even something available across Canada or only if you're lucky enough to live near their location.

Thank you

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@ccrrefills wrote:

My main question that I can't find an answer for even on their own website, is how in the world do I get my packages from me to ChitChats so they can re-ship?

Is this a service only available if you live close enough to them to bring your packages to them?

Or do you ship them to them and they then re-ship?

Primarily for those located close by (Toronto / Vancouver areas).

If you are sending a bunch of packages, you could bundle them together and have them couriered to their location. No real savings (most of the time) to courier just one package. But a box of 5 parcels might make economic sense.

-..-

Disclaimer: Never used the service, I'm just far enough away, that my parcel volume does not make it worth going to the trouble to use them.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I see why they're so reluctant to say how you get packages to them now. Thank you for being the first in probably 5 years to finally explain how CCE works, even they refused to tell me.

I normally ship 5-30 orders per day, does this mean I could pack all my packages in one large box and ship it to them and they would then open the box and re-ship all packages that are inside it for me?

Also, all my packages are the lowest cost Canada Post offers ($5.70 to USA , $8.78 Intl), will they provide me with any savings compared to the Canada Post prices?

Thanks

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I just started using them.  With me I buy the shipping from Stamps.com.  For a CD (under 9 oz.) for instance to send to the US it costs $5.70 no tracking, with chitchat, I can mail it first class for $2.60 USD with tracking plus 65 cents that goes to chit chat.  It also takes about 3 days as opposed to 7 to 10 days from Canada.  When I was at the chitchat office today, the person there was opening up a huge box that contained a lot of boxes that are going to be sent to the US.

The process:

1. Research what it would cost to have your stuff couriered to an Chitchat office.  There might not be any savings. 
  2. What you would have to do is set up an account with Chitchat.  You would also have to enquire about setting up an account as you would be couriering your stuff. 
  3. Then set up an account with Stamps.com.  
  4. Pack up your packages, make sure you have an invoice in each package in case US customs opens it.
  5. So you buy your postage from Stamps.com and affix it.  Make sure that it is dated at least a couple of days in advance as I deliver a parcel to them and they take it over the next morning.
  6. You print out a scan form that contains all your purchases
  7. You fill out a manifest form for Chitchat listing all the things that are going over for that day.
  8. The scan form and manifest form would be in the big box with all the little boxes.

For me, I have to drive 35 Km to get there so I only use them when I have a couple to go.

Here is the price sheet. 

chitchat.jpg

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

I just started using them.  With me I buy the shipping from Stamps.com.  For a CD (under 9 oz.) for instance to send to the US it costs $5.70 no tracking, with chitchat, I can mail it first class for $2.60 USD with tracking plus 65 cents that goes to chit chat.  It also takes about 3 days as opposed to 7 to 10 days from Canada.  When I was at the chitchat office today, the person there was opening up a huge box that contained a lot of boxes that are going to be sent to the US.

The process:

1. Research what it would cost to have your stuff couriered to an Chitchat office.  There might not be any savings. 
  2. What you would have to do is set up an account with Chitchat.  You would also have to enquire about setting up an account as you would be couriering your stuff. 
  3. Then set up an account with Stamps.com.  
  4. Pack up your packages, make sure you have an invoice in each package in case US customs opens it.
  5. So you buy your postage from Stamps.com and affix it.  Make sure that it is dated at least a couple of days in advance as I deliver a parcel to them and they take it over the next morning.
  6. You print out a scan form that contains all your purchases
  7. You fill out a manifest form for Chitchat listing all the things that are going over for that day.
  8. The scan form and manifest form would be in the big box with all the little boxes.

That sounds good, I'm just not sure I understand about the form that contains all my purchases, what exactly is that and is it long to fill out?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

After you finish purchasing all the postage from stamps.com, you go to the history tab and go to the scan form.  It will have all the postage for the items you have purchased with a bar code.  That I assume USPS will use for all your parcels.

scan form.jpg

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

There are actually a few companies out there that do what Chitchats does. I am currently shipping with Stallion Express and they are both very similar except that Stallion Express offers lowest rates for everything, better customer service (imho), longer opening hours etc.

Regarding the form you are talking about, it is extremely simple. They just want to know what is the product you are shipping, the weight and the declared value. Chitchats customer service is horrible thats why i left them but call the guys at Stallion Express. Their phone number is in their website and I am sure they will explain the numbers to you so you can decide if it is worth doing or not 🙂

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

There is no comparison when dealing with these two companies. Chit Chats has been around a long time and was very rude because they were the only one doing that type of business. They made fun of people who could not speak perfect English and if your package got lost... their response? Call USPS its not our problem.

Then came along Stallion Express. They were very polite and walked your through the process. They are open longer hours and have better rates. I got a week free to try them out and never looked back. Don't know if the coupon code still works but try "savings7".

They also permit $800 per day per customer.

Give them a call as I am sure they will help you with your shipping needs to the USA. www.stallionexpress.ca

Hope that helps!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply