Automation Rule - List 3 times for Free - Does this work for anyone?

I have tried this a couple of times with new items, but keep getting charged a fee for relisting (first and second relist)

Does this actually work?

Also I can't find anywhere on TL to set up an automation rule. Have I missed something?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

It has worked fine with every listing I've used it on. Both 'Buy it Now' and auction style listings. As long as the little checkbox is ticked next to the "Automatically relist your item 3 times for free" field before you confirm the listing, there shouldn't be an issue. Is it possible what you think are listing fees are actually a fee charged for an optional listing upgrade? Perhaps something that was free when you originally listed the item, but is no longer offered for free?

I do not use TurboLister so can not comment on it's functionality with automatic relists.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

This feature has been working for me every time, and original upgrades apparently are not charged again when the item is listed the second time.  At least that's been my experience so far.

There must be something else going on in your situation.  As far as I know, there is no need to set up any automation for the free relists, aside from checking the box when it's offered to you. 

However, my understanding is that these 3x-free relist offers are based on seller status/performance (who knows what parameters exactly).  It's just a guess on my part, but I wonder if it may be possible something has changed in your overall status that is affecting your eligibility for these relists?

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

My ratings are ok. I am a Top Rated, Power Seller with 100% positive feedback.

I don't do any of the upgardes - so that isn't the issue.

Guess I will have to keep trying.

Thanks for the comments! 

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

"My ratings are ok"

I do not think feedback or DSRs ratings have anything to do with selecting sellers eligible for that "free relist" function.

eBay has never told anyone how they select promotion invitations, etc...

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

The question was asked today on the "Weekly Board Hour".

Here are the replies given by eBay staff:

Question: "Quite often we see a question raised about the new "automatic relist with three free insertions".  Many "regular" posters know nothing about the feature as it is not available to us nor can I find any information on eBay.ca customer service help pages.  

Could you please tell us a bit more about it.   Who is eligible?  How can one become eligible?  Is there a large percentage of sellers eligible for the feature or is it limited to a few?

First answer from eBay: "There are plenty of Help Pages with details about the Auto Relist feature:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/insertion-fee.html#insertion

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/relist.html#automatic 

This is a feature that is meant for consumer sellers (as opposed to business sellers) but is available for everyone, albeit only visible on the online Selling tools (SYI and the Quick Listing Tool)."

Follow-up question: "Now, when I go to list or relist an item - using SYI, I do NOT see that option.  Where is it?"

Second answer by eBay: "It's on the 2nd page where you review your listing and can add options to it before publishing.."

Another follow-up question: "I am looking at the second page and do not see such option.  Where exactly is it located?  Why would it be of interest to individual sellers but not to business sellers?  Don't you think we want to save money too?"

Third answer from eBay: "I apologize Pierre, I gave you the wrong info before. This feature is only visible to consumer sellers. You are not one of those.

EDIT: I should add that AR only works with Auction-style listings, it will never show on the sell form is a seller lists a BIN item.

Usually business sellers have way more attractive inventory then consumer sellers who are trying to get rid of the stuff they don't want to keep. If a business seller needs a feature like Auto Relist to make ends meet, they probably ought to revisit their business model in the first place. Besides, there is already a Free Relist program for items that don't sell, as well, Selling Manager, Selling Manager Pro and BEAR (all business selling tools) all offer automatic relisting features. Business sellers already have more robust relisting tools to work with than consumer sellers do.

AR was designed for "long tail" type of items that doesn't necessarily catch buyers' eyes easily. These items usually benefit from staying on the site longer, as opposed to a business seller's inventory, which is usually better presented (better looking listing) and ranks higher in search results due to the seller's track record."

Another follow-up question: " "This feature is only visible to consumer sellers. You are not one of those."  How does eBay differentiate between a "consumer" and a "business"?  Does having an eBay store make a difference?  If not, please, back to the original question, tell us how exactly eBay decides who gets the option of "three free relist" and who does not."

Final answer from eBay: "Essentially, the amount of business you do on eBay determines what group you are in. So, if your velocity warrants the use of business selling tools, the eBay Store being one of them, this will also mark you as a business seller, since you get all these additional free listings per month along with the Store subscription. "

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Board-Hour-Session/Oct-8th-Weekly-Board-Hour/m-p/272559#U272559

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

"EDIT: I should add that AR only works with Auction-style listings, it will never show on the sell form is a seller lists a BIN item."

I can confirm that this is not true. I use it all the time with BIN listings. I set them up as 30 day listings and they automatically relist each month. However, based on the description provided above by eBay, I would likely be considered a "consumer" rather than "business" based on my relatively low selling activity, so I'm not sure if that comes into play.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

This feature has been working for me every time, and original upgrades apparently are not charged again when the item is listed the second time.  At least that's been my experience so far.

There must be something else going on in your situation.  As far as I know, there is no need to set up any automation for the free relists, aside from checking the box when it's offered to you. 

However, my understanding is that these 3x-free relist offers are based on seller status/performance (who knows what parameters exactly).  It's just a guess on my part, but I wonder if it may be possible something has changed in your overall status that is affecting your eligibility for these relists?

I was researching some old posts I made in the weekly session where I asked questions months ago on the Automatic Relist feature. I asked about a promo that had a reference to the AR feature and it had a Seller Tip in the top saying options were free on relist.

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2014/0416/25KAuctionCV.html

Old promo but it seems to indicate the relist are free even for options.

Take this "proof" with care. I only mention it because this old promo stated it.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

@dinomitesales wrote:

"EDIT: I should add that AR only works with Auction-style listings, it will never show on the sell form is a seller lists a BIN item."

I can confirm that this is not true. I use it all the time with BIN listings. I set them up as 30 day listings and they automatically relist each month. However, based on the description provided above by eBay, I would likely be considered a "consumer" rather than "business" based on my relatively low selling activity, so I'm not sure if that comes into play.

Everything I read on AR for the past year seems to indicate that AR is for auction or Fixed Price and any duration.

In a previous weekly session with eBay.ca (April 2014) eBay.ca also said it was for auctions only and 7 days. At that time AR was not implemented on eBay.ca. Read my questions and post here:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Board-Hour-Session/April-23rd-2014-Weekly-Board-Hour/m-p/226972#U...

So for some Reason eBay.ca says AR is only for auctions and 7 days. Maybe eBay.ca get AR for Auction and 7 days while eBay.com get full AR on auction and Fixed price any duration?

eBay.ca was very clear it was for auctions only in the weekly session this week.

dinomitesales what listing types and durations are you getting AR?

Also, rose-dee, what type and duration of listings are you getting AR on?

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

pocomocomputing wrote:

Everything I read on AR for the past year seems to indicate that AR is for auction or Fixed Price and any duration.

Have had the 3 time renewal option available for:

Auctions of 5 and 7 day length, and Fixed price of 5, 7 and 30 day length.

I don't use 1, 3 or 10 day when listing.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

So for some Reason eBay.ca says AR is only for auctions and 7 days. Maybe eBay.ca get AR for Auction and 7 days while eBay.com get full AR on auction and Fixed price any duration?

eBay.ca was very clear it was for auctions only in the weekly session this week.

dinomitesales what listing types and durations are you getting AR?

Also, rose-dee, what type and duration of listings are you getting AR on? 

I'm getting the 3x-free Auto Relist on (it seems) virtually every type of listing, definitely on fixed priced of 30-day and 10-day durations (the only ones, aside from GTC that I use), as well as auction-style, so I too was surprised to see the comment about auction only listings being eligible. 

Either somebody hasn't done their homework before making that statement, or maybe a lot of us are getting freebies we shouldn't be getting. Woman Very Happy

I was also surprised to read the explanation given at this Wed.'s board meeting about which sellers were eligible.  Not that I'm complaining about the free relists, mind you, but I do have a store and have been selling for some years.  Perhaps volume is a more important parameter than simply having a store. 

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

"dinomitesales what listing types and durations are you getting AR?"

All listings I have tried AR with have successfully implemented it. Most of what I list is 30 day BIN and 7 day auctions. I list solely on ebay.ca.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

kissick
Community Member

Seriously I have been wondering the same question, I am a new seller and this had NEVER worked for me, neither for auction nor buy-it-now, and everytime I do see a statement that "This item has been automatically relisted", but it has not. It is not showing at anywhere but the "unsold" section.

I have to relist the item manuelly and being charged for a new fee.

Can anyone help me with this?

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Although I have noticed, since yesterday, that the renewal is now reduced to 1 time rather than 3 times.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Although I have noticed, since yesterday, that the renewal is now reduced to 1 time rather than 3 times.

I noticed that too 😞   Wonder why they changed it.

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 15 of 21
latest reply

It looks like they changed all of them to relist for "1" time.  I started listing on Tuesday and it had said "3" at that time.  When I check some of those listings now they say:

Automatically relist this item 1 time if it doesn't sell - it's free to relist. Final value fees apply.

I had even posted in the Weekly Board Hour Session confirming that.

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

I also had the free 3 list feature from June 2014 up until today.  Now it only gives me 1 free relist.  I loved that feature with 3 free re-listings and will miss it terribly.  I was able to use it from June so most of my 50 free listings was new stuff.  

Lots of sellers had the feature before June.  It was a while before I had that feature and I believe that the people who didn't have it complained and then ebay changed it for everyone.

It was great while it lasted.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

And starting today (Oct 11) when listings end (that are qualified to automatically relist) I am getting the message: "eBay note: This item didn't automatically relist. To relist it, go to the listing tool."

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

supposed to be free to relist as well, but my relisting is coming off my monthly free listing total.  more bs,, someone needs to explain this to all of us..

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

I tried to relist unsold items, ebay counted against my free monthly listing....

Message 20 of 21
latest reply