Awaiting payment

akeel21
Community Member
Hi, I sold an item, the buyer checked out and paid, but I have "waiting payment icon" shown and not fund in PayPal account. It's beed 4 days now.
I usually pay immediately by PayPal when I buy things.
Any idea thanks
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Awaiting payment

akeel21
Community Member
Yes I contacted PayPal and they said because I have not make sell for a while, there would be hold period.
So they held the money for about a week,
Or till you get a feedback from the buyer,
Thanks all for help

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Awaiting payment

It is quite possible the buyer paid using echeck.

Take a look at the email message you received from PayPal confirming the payment.

Read carefully.  If echeck, it will tell you NOT to ship until the payment has cleared (typically eight to ten days from date of payment)

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Awaiting payment

Are you on the 21 day hold? All new sellers are.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Awaiting payment

akeel21
Community Member
Thanks
I got an email from ebay only saying the buyer pay by PayPal.
Above the sold item says "Payment was initiated on Nov 23, 2014 and is being processed through PayPal. | View PayPal transaction"
However no mention about echeck and no money received in PayPal account
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Awaiting payment

Double check, I bet you are on the 21 day hold. That means you ship now and the money is released, by Paypal in 21 days. Buyer has paid, Paypal is holding the money, and technically you have been paid.

Another ID of mine got jiggered with this a few years back. I did not know what was going on. I kept seeing that the payment was being processed.

I was looking at your sound card. You have international shipping listed as "ground". Ground takes three months, 90 days. INR cases have to be started by day 45.

Change to air shipping ONLY.
Photobucket
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Awaiting payment

akeel21
Community Member
That's right I do have it ground shipping, so, I ll make it air shipping and redo the sale?
Thanks a lot
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Awaiting payment

No, you're stuck with the shipping cost. But you can upgrade the shipping to Air, on your own dime. (Try to think of it as a learning experience. Sigh.)

If you are on the 21 day hold, you can still print your shipping label through Paypal from the money they are Holding. If you can't print the label, you will know that it is an e-cheque.

Let your customer know that her payment has been received but is not yet cleared. Tell her you have it packaged and will ship as soon as Paypal allows the label to be printed. Deflecting the responsibility on to her (if she used a credit card to back her account the payment would have been truly instant) and onto PP (although to be fair, the Hold is a buyer protection program).

Since there is going to be some small delay, and Christmas is coming, communicate politely with your customer. A little stroking goes a long way with nervous buyers.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Awaiting payment

...."I got an email from ebay...."

Something is missing here.

Over the years I have received tens of thousands of payments from PayPal.  Every one of them was confirmed immediately by an email from PayPal.

If you do not have an email from PayPal (and the payment does not show in your PayPal account), the buyer has not paid through PayPal.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Awaiting payment

You ar either paid or not, sounds like a echeck, some replies make no sense.What is showing in your PP account
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Awaiting payment

Then there is the in between, the 21 day Paypal hold where Paypal has been paid but has not forwarded the money to the seller.

OP, telephone Paypal and ask.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Awaiting payment

Or, it could be a fake ebay email to try to get the seller to ship without payment?

OP, log into your PayPal account and see what it says there. If it says payment pending then it is an e-cheque and you don't ship until payment has been completed. I would call PayPal if you aren't sure as mr.e suggested.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Awaiting payment

Also make sure you had the right email address in listing for Paypal.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Awaiting payment

akeel21
Community Member
Yes I contacted PayPal and they said because I have not make sell for a while, there would be hold period.
So they held the money for about a week,
Or till you get a feedback from the buyer,
Thanks all for help
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Awaiting payment

It's unlikely that you will receive the money when the buyer leaves feedback. Here are the rules regarding new seller payment holds.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/payment_hold.html

While you're establishing a successful selling history on eBay, funds from your sales will be pending in your PayPal account for a period of time.

Follow good shipping practices to help access your funds from each sale sooner:

• 21 days after the buyer pays in most cases is applicable to Canadian sellers. Funds will be available earlier than 21 days under the following circumstances.

• 3 days after we can confirm the order was delivered, if you list on eBay.com, ship from inside the United States using USPS or UPS, and print labels using eBay or PayPal. Additionally, your tracking information uploads automatically and you’ll get funds to help cover shipping (Some restrictions apply).

• 3 days after we can confirm the order was delivered, if you list on eBay.com and ship from inside the United States using USPS, UPS or FedEx and manually enter your tracking information on eBay or the PayPal Transaction Details page.

• 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date, if you mark the item as shipped in My eBay and an estimated delivery date can be calculated. Delivery estimates are currently supported for listings created on eBay.com when the buyer is located in the US, and for listings created on eBay.ca when the buyer is located in Canada.

Note: In some cases, such as international shipments, we can't calculate a delivery date or confirm delivery. It may also take longer to get your funds if your buyer reports a problem.

New seller status ends once you've met all the following criteria:

• It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale.

• You've completed more than 25 US sales transactions.

• You have more than US$250 in total sales.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply