BIG problems with buyers

I have not sold a lot on ebay yet but already I have been having very big problems. The latest problem is that I a buyer won an auction and I shipped the item to him within the time I told him in my auction and everything was perfect with the order until several days after I shipped his order he contacted me and told me he gave me the wrong address that the item was suppose to be sent. Then he started harassing me with a number of message asking why he did not receive his item yet and I was a disappointment to him. But it was because of him not updating his correct address on his account . So now he just opened a case against me.

My ebay account is in above standard rating and I was opening to soon have a top rated account.

why are buyers allowed to do this. I reported this buyer but I am not expecting any help from ebay.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

BIG problems with buyers

Did you send the item with delivery confirmation? If you did and the tracking shows that it was delivered to the original address that you were given you should phone eBay and give them the tracking number. You would then win the case.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

BIG problems with buyers

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems to be becoming a trend on eBay nowadays.  It happened to me a few times and I told them I shipped to the addresses what PayPal provided me and that it is their responsibilities to ensure you gave the right addresses.

I was fortunately each time as I shipped them with tracking number. 

One in Australia claimed they never received the expensive package even the tracking information showed it arrived there successfully and I even called PayPal if it is the right address and if they have ever changed the address like the last 6 months, PayPal replied they never so I smell a rat.  They even opened the "item never received" and eBay closed in my favor and I got angry email them trying to revenge me.  Although it is Australia, that time I had gut feelings and decided to use expensive mail service with tracking number and it was a true blessing that I did it.

It is sad that we are seeing it happening more and more on eBay nowadays.

Hope you send it with tracking number?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

BIG problems with buyers

It seems to be becoming a trend on eBay nowadays. 

Not really.

I've been around since 2001 and honestly there were impatient, crooked and stupid buyers around then too.

Paypal has actually been a godsend (and Bidpay before them) in getting payment quickly and keeping addresses correct.

Amazing how many people, faced with a problem of their own making, will blame anyone else and the dog, rather than accept responsibility.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

BIG problems with buyers

@reallynicestamps wrote:

It seems to be becoming a trend on eBay nowadays. 

Not really.

I've been around since 2001 and honestly there were impatient, crooked and stupid buyers around then too.

Paypal has actually been a godsend (and Bidpay before them) in getting payment quickly and keeping addresses correct.

Amazing how many people, faced with a problem of their own making, will blame anyone else and the dog, rather than accept responsibility.

Perhaps, but I have as well, of late, seen an increase in buyer activity that has made my spidey sense tingle.

Everything from requests to send items to addresses different from the transaction details to most troubling, requests to cut deals outside of Ebay. Unbelievably bold, those requests were received multiple times from people who were flat out told that I would not only NOT engage in off-site transactions but that I would also not tolerate further requests for same..

Generally, with the types of items I sell, I see very little in the way of weirdness. Vintage/antique collectibles/art/pottery/glass buyers are in my experience (both on Ebay and in the 25 years prior to Ebay) some of the nicest folks you would ever meet so it is odd for me to see an increase in strange activity like this.Another area I have seen a very large increase in is other dealers contacting me with lowball offers on items.Not against any rule but very annoying. There seems to be a whole new crop of what i call "armchair" sellers who are too lazy to get off their duffs and source inventory like I do and would rather try and beat hard working dealers out of their profits from the comfort of their living rooms.

To sum up, I definitely think we are seeing an increase in troublesome activity. Hard to pin down the cause to anyhing other than speculative ideas but the increase is there.

Cheers,

thD

Message 5 of 5
latest reply