Bids from Buyers in Countries I Don't Ship To

Twice this past week I've received bids from countries I don't ship to -- Korea and Finland.  The one from Korea I didn't notice until after the auction had ended and the one from Finland is still active.  There have been a couple of occasions where buyers registered in other countries are shipping to the U.S. but the one from Korea was not.  So we cancelled the transaction.  I have to contact the one from Finland tonight because there is only 20 hours left in the auction and with the time change, my message will likely get to her too late to cancel the bid.

My settings are clear -- I ship to Canada and the U.S. only.  Has this been happening to anyone else?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

My list was small and based on the exclusion of large groups of countries  by stating Africa, Oceania  and so forth...

and the fact that I stated I would ship worldwide,  as opposed to just Canada and the US  and a few other countries.

It is the worldwide designation  that may allow for an exclusion  based one continent  and an exclusion of a large number of countries  with one designation such as Africa

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

I updated my settings to exclude all countries but Canada & the USA but I already have a bid on my listing from a member listed as Russian Federation. Will he be able to continue bidding on the item now? He may have a US shipping address but I doubt it as he registered & bid on my item the same day. I emailed him but no response...Thoughts, opinions, ridicule...?!

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

I noticed when I renew listings they each must be edited or it ALWAYS adds locations I never had in original listing. Maybe this is how locations you don't ship to ended up there?
Message 23 of 24
latest reply

@szafrocks.fine.minerals wrote:
I noticed when I renew listings they each must be edited or it ALWAYS adds locations I never had in original listing. Maybe this is how locations you don't ship to ended up there?

Necro-thread alert: You just replied to a thread from 2014.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply