Bizzare, funny and odd lost mail situations

I saw another thread deviating from the original intention so I thought I'd start a new one just for this!

Here are 4 of my experiences:

1.  Mail lost, if I remember it was somewhere in Quebec. About 5 years later I saw a newspaper article about a postal employee who was not delivering all their mail and had been stockpiling it in their house for a long time. About a week later, the item came back to me as undeliverable! The PO had tried to deliver it to the original addressee who had moved! 

2. Note from buyer, missing box. I asked him to check his PO to see if they had any news. In the meantime he happened to go to BBQ something for supper that day or the next and lo and behold the postie put the box in his BBQ!!!

3. Returned item damaged in transit. All I got back was the lid of the box! 😞

4. Got a bizzare looking poly mailer from Scotland, it looked like it had dried blood all over it. Stamps inside were OK because it was a plastic bubble mailer. A week or two later I got a note from the fellow advising that the stamps he went to send me were lost because he was hit by a bus while walking to the post office and the package was lost because he was taken to the hospital and had just gotten out! So it was dried blood on the envelope (there was a lot!!!!) and someone must have put it in a post office box or something who found it. A very bizzare situation, he was very happy to hear that it wasn't lost, I think he was in his late 80s so he wasn't a young guy!

Lets hear some more!

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Parcel went from Winnipeg to Norway... surface mail.

Something was wrong with the address.....Parcel was to be redirected to recipient's new address....

Then two days later it was on its way to Canada...  Back in Montreal 5 days later, and   via airmail.

Two days later in Winnipeg...

Now tracking says it is back in Montreal....

Could it be going back to Norway?  Now it is travelling with signature required... never did pay for signature upon delivery!

Stay tuned......  because buyer has already received a refund

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

What exactly happened here, why was my post edited ?

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

@dipmicro wrote:

Not allowed to post emails content.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/everyone-boards.html

Not allowed = Posting email content from other individuals

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

I always circle the delivery address with a black marker since having several packages returned to me within a few weeks time about 2 years ago. Never had a problem since.

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

Yes, good plan.  I use a bright pink highlighter around the "TO" address.

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

I always put a big "To" in front of the address with red marker.....
Message 26 of 28
latest reply

Guess we have all the colours covered now, I use a yellow highlighter!

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@dipmicro wrote:

Not allowed to post emails content.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/everyone-boards.html

Not allowed = Posting email content from other individuals

Thanks pocomocomputing.

I used to like coming to this place. Good thing this "li-leslie" persona manages this forum and not some government office, at least she cannot do much damage here.

Message 28 of 28
latest reply