Boy is it quiet!

I don't know if all the buyers are watching the convention or what.  It has been very quiet for me for the past week.  I had 10 sales in 2 days July 19/20 and since then only one.  Even the watchers and views are down.  Are you noticing it too, or is it just me.  It's like they turned out the lights and left for Las Vegas. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Boy is it quiet!

Same story here. I sold couple of items in one week, usually it's good enough for one day. Very, very slow. 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Boy is it quiet!

@goldnideas wrote:

Same story here. I sold couple of items in one week, usually it's good enough for one day. Very, very slow. 

ever since ebay .ca changed only listing in ca dollars sales are non existent ,has nothing to do with the time of year or nothing cancelling my store i gave up on .ca ,im adding any new items to ..com .ca is finished,canadians or 10 per cent of buyers,

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Boy is it quiet!

Same thing here... Only one sale in the entire 26 days of July that have passed. That is VERY slow indeed!

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Boy is it quiet!

eBay.ca sellers listing in CDN is certainly not helping matters...

Listing in USD is the closest thing to an International currency. All countries can relate to USD.

eBay.com is an iconic site and US buyers are not going to relate to the currency exchange in Canadian funds.

Buyers around the world will log-in to eBay.com more then any other eBay site.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Boy is it quiet!

Well it is the last week of July, lots of folks taking some vacation time.

One sale first 10 days of July.

Nine sales since July 11 when Canada Post started looking like it was open for business again.

Currency breakdown:

Cdn$ - to the UK (4), Australia (2), Canada (2), USA (1)

US$ - to the USA (1)

My buyers seem to understand how to buy in Canadian dollars.

-..-

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Boy is it quiet!

Population in Canada... 36.2 Million

Population in the USA... 324.1 Million

I'm going with the numbers.....

I have a seller friend in Ontario that's been on eBay since 1998 and has over 30,000 + Positive Feedback.

He tried CDN for a month and jumped ship, and now is listing in USD again. Bid numbers and Sales volume was down when he switched to CDN. 

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Boy is it quiet!

My sales aren't consistent month to month or year to year so a slow month could be explained by a number of reasons.  I don't think that you can fairly test something by trying it for a month. But that's just my opinion.

There are many sellers on the US boards that are complaining about slow sales so it isn't just a currency change cauding slow sales.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Boy is it quiet!

Yes, I do realize that Jun.15-Aug.15 is Holiday season for a lot of people and sales are traditionally slower then the rest of the year.

But eBay.ca sellers experimenting with CDN listings may take longer to be successful then they can afford....

3-4 months of slower then normal sales can break the bank for some people.

CDN listings is going to be a long process (possibly years) to be successful!

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Boy is it quiet!

The slow sales works for me at the moment, since my car died and I have been relying on skytrain to get to work. With the extra commute time and busy workplace (...and Pokemon GO sucking up my life) i have little time left to deal with sales. Maybe sales will pick up after the long weekend...

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Boy is it quiet!

Traffic within the city of Winnipeg dropped dramatically at the start  of July....  

and has continued at this level for all of July so far.

People are on holiday outside the city .....  and most likely also on holiday with respect to on-line buying.

and also..... The situation with Canada Post....  As we approach the end of that 30 day negotiation period... the perception of a problem  could become a reality.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Boy is it quiet!

Switched to .com, sales have been steady...although about half of my sales are to Canadians

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Boy is it quiet!

@silverpinups wrote:

Yes, I do realize that Jun.15-Aug.15 is Holiday season for a lot of people and sales are traditionally slower then the rest of the year.

Strangely, last year, holiday season did not affect me at all. My July sales were very good in 2015. Quite the contrary this year. Probably many reasons can explain this, but my bet is on the Canada Post situation and the switch to C$.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Boy is it quiet!

@zee-chan wrote:

(...and Pokemon GO sucking up my life)

Good lord, not you too? I don't understand people playing this game... Woman Wink

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Boy is it quiet!

I just realized that when switched to dot com, lost all my watchers. Today got new message from ebay:

In mid-2017 eBay will begin to turn off active content.

Make sure your item looks good with active content turned off by previewing it now.
The use of active content in listings, including JavaScript, Flash, plug-ins and form actions, inhibits purchases on mobile devices and can lead to abuse in the marketplace. Beginning with the Spring 2017 Seller Update, eBay will limit the use of active content in all new listings across all devices and it will not be rendered by default. By the Fall Seller Update 2017, we plan to remove or block listings with active content. We encourage you to limit your use of active content now.
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Boy is it quiet!

ebay.ca is cooked.  sales here are a joke. 

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Boy is it quiet!

zee-chan-- You're in Vancouver? Are you thinking of attending VCon41 at the end of September?

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/vcon-41-vancouvers-premier-science-fiction-fantasy-and-games-convention-...

Message 17 of 17
latest reply