Buyer contacted me said that I shipped out wrong item but its a false, Please help!

Hi all,

I have a buyer bought a bra set from me.

She emailed me nicely said that I sent the wrong bra, but the panty was correct. I found it weird ,and nicely asked for a pic.

She sent back with a different bra then the one I sent and I don't even carry that bra to even mess order up.

What should I do? I'm so upset when cases like this happen and feel like being a buyer has no protection on case like this, Am I right?

Thank you in advance for all advises!

Kindest regards,

Tracy

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Buyer contacted me said that I shipped out wrong item but its a false, Please help!

Normally it's best just to refund, sometimes requiring a return or not.

Your case is unusual and tricky because you don't carry the item she sent the photo of.

You said your buyer is being very polite, but it takes a lot of nerve to send a photo of an item you don't even carry.

Perhaps if there ever was case a seller might fight this could be the one.  Do you have any defects at the moment?

Imposible to predict how this might play out.  

As they say:  Choose your battles and this might be the one you choose to fight.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for the reply!

I don't have defect at this moment (I tried very hard for that)

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You can ask that the entire set/not set be returned for a full refund.

Return shipping costs are always a question.

If she requests it (on the basis of your error/your responsibility) however---

If she is in Canada this is easy, because you can send her a return shipping label

If she is not you would have to politely tell her that you will be refunding the shipping cost when you get the goods back and that it will be a separate payment from Paypal. Which requires trust, so keep it friendly.

You can also tell her what service to use (USPS First Class International has Confirmation of Delivery) and how much it will cost so she doesn't upgrade to something ridiculously expensive.

Part of this is a suspicion on my cynical and nasty part. Both eBay and PP generally say 'no refund without return'.

Since the bra she showed you is not one you sell-- there is something odd going on.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

And here comes my pitch for using Cookie Jar Insurance.

This just means adding a few pennies to each asking or shipping price as a premium against situations like this and putting those virtual pennies in a virtual cookie jar.

Faced with a problem, you take the cost of fixing it out of the Cookie Jar and write the whole thing off without asking whether the buyer is telling the truth or not.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I love the cookie jar Idea, I will do that. Thank you

She lives in the US actually.

I'm sending her a shipping label to return them back to me...I will consider this as a loss, I don't even have that type of bra in my inventory told what she did...sadly but its truth. I don't know what else to do beside telling myself " karma comes around"

Thank you for your input!!!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Unless you are somehow buying a shipping label privately from usps there is no way to send one through ebay to any buyer outside of Canada.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Is it possible that she bought two similar sets from two different ebay sellers? Do you always include a packing slip with your orders? Maybe her mistake is 'honest' and due to inattention, and she thinks what she got came from you when it did not. Can you discern this from the feedback she's received as a buyer?

Message 8 of 8
latest reply