Buyer refused package by mistake and wants me to send it back... how would you deal with this?

Hi!

Buyer was confused when the package arrived and he refused it by mistake, twice.

Here' the tracking if you want a clear picture:
http://www.purolator.com/purolator/ship-track/tracking-details.page?pin=CGJ000890158&sdate=2017-03-1...

What should I do? I paid a lot of money to have this item shipped since it's heavy.

When the buyer inquired about his package (over a month after the purchase btw), I provided him with the tracking number and explained a delivery attempt was made but apparently he was absent. Package was available for pick up for nearly a month then 2 more attemps were made but buyer refused the package.

Buyer replied something like (MODS DO NOT DELETE THIS IS NOT THE ACTUAL MESSAGE I REWORDED):

"I had no tracking number given to me until this morning so I contacted purolator and they already sent back the package and can't redirect it so you'll have to send it back to me"

I only had 1 on this item and do not want to send it to this buyer and risk him doing this thing again.

Would it be OK to refund the buyer subtracting my shipping costs and NOT send a second item to him?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Buyer refused package by mistake and wants me to send it back... how would you deal with this?

Have you call Purolator regarding the change of tracking number? I once had a buyer returning an item to me. He sent it to my postal mail box. The postal staff place it into its customer's bag and forward it by mistake. Only after i called them and they traced the package. The postal staff had to request the customer for sending it back to their office. Yes, I did get the package back, with more than one tracking number on it. I don't have to pay extra postage for this route as that was the postal staff's mistake.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Just a quick follow-up:

I called eBay and they confirmed I don't have to refund anything and that any negative feedback would be removed.

So no refund for this buyer!

Thanks a lot guys! 🙂 🙂

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

To be fair, I'd call Purolator to see what their problem is with this parcel.
Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Information is power. You won't win an INR with PayPal for a situation such as this. To them, only Delivered counts. Regardless of the reason it was not.

Find out now if you can put responsibility on Purolator for mishandling it. Or not.
Message 24 of 25
latest reply