Buyer request invoice for items that she do not commit to buy yet.

An odd message I got just now.

Can you send me invoice for combine shipping of these 5 items?

I do not have any waiting payment of any items from her, so I can't do anything for her except reply her msg.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Sounds more like she's just misused the term 'invoice' - and is just requesting a quote/total  for combined shipping.

Beware of kittens with red bows, bullies in bandannas, and whining broken records.

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Did she identify the items she wants?

If so, send an invoice through PayPal including combined shipping charge.

If not, ask her which five items she wishes to purchase from you.

Good Luck.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It sounds to me as if she meant to ask for a quote on combined shipping. 

I would send a reply quoting the full price (including shipping) for the items. 

Tell her to use the "Buy It Now" if she wishes to go ahead and purchase the items (assuming these are BIN and not auction items), but she should not process payment -- she should look for the "Request Total from Seller" link on the first checkout screen, and click on that.  When you get this request, you will be able to send her a combined invoice with the reduced shipping as quoted -- this is the easiest way. 

If she doesn't use "Request Total from Seller", she'll see an automated invoice from eBay that will add up all the individual shipping amounts, and if she pays the invoice in that way you'll need to refund the excess shipping to her later through Paypal. 

You could, as Pierre suggests, send her an invoice directly through Paypal, but the problem with that is that I don't think the buyer details and other purchase information will flow back automatically to eBay for each of the sold items.  This could cause problems later.  Personally, I'd just let the buyer know the costs then try to get her to use "Request Total from Seller" once she's ready to do the purchasing.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I meant to say that in case you haven't yet had a buyer use the "Request Total from Seller" function, for your information the buyer needs to use the "BIN" button for the first item, then go back to your listings and buy the next one, and so on, until all 5 items are shown as being purchased. 

She should not at any point proceed to checkout (should not hit the "Pay Now" button).  Once all 5 items are on the purchase screen, she can click on "Request Total from Seller" -- it's sometimes a bit hard to see on the screen, but it's usually in blue print, a small line of text at the top left of the list of purchased items. 

I hope this helps!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks everyone.

The buyer come back to me, She said actually she wanted to put those 5 item on chart and pay together but there is no option to add on chart on my listing. The option is only BIN.

I went to dot com and checked what she was talking about and found there is no add on chart as she said, but if I checked item from US seller there is option add on chart.

Another weird situation today, a buyer asked me to hold couple of items but did not hit BIN as well.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply