Buyer started a "Item not received" claim but tracking shows "delivered"

Hey guys,

I was wondering what I should do to make sure eBay doesn't step in to blindly refund the buyer despite the tracking showing the item was delivered.

I assume, since the buyer started a case I shouldn't repond to it but there are a few options and I'm not sure which I should take:

- Send to buyer a message

And explain to the buyer a have proof the item was delivered (tracking) and that they should close their case and ocntact eBay if they're not happy (in a more diplomatic manner of course)

-Add tracking details

Would simply adding the tracking get my off the hook?

-Ask us to step in and help

Or should I simply ask eBay to step in and see that the item was delivered?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I would contact eBay with the tracking info and add the tracking info on your end.  

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Add your tracking details and then immediately call ebay and have them close the case and stay on the line until they do so.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Thanks guys but if there really no way out without wasting 1 hour on the line with eBay?

**bleep**... I thought it would be more straight forward when you have tracking!

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Hi Ggmalk!

Just a note, what does it say for the delivery?

I have had a "delivered" item here in Canada that was "delivered" to one of the new PO Lock boxes but was not actually received by the actual person. Theoretically the key was put in the wrong box or who knows what happened but the recipient did not actually get it.

In that situation CP covered the loss for me.

My point is that despite it showing as "delivered" it is still possible the person is not lying and they didn't get it.....depending on what "delivered" meant

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

You are using two processes in tandem.

Which is fine.

Hard to know which is going to be faster.

The bot's mill grinds slowly, but it gets there.

The phone call feels more emotionally satisfying, but it will take time and the clerk may have language difficulties (Phillippines) or lack world knowledge (Utah).

The main point is to get that Delivery Confirmation to eBay so they can end the Claim.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

Add your tracking details and then immediately call ebay and have them close the case and stay on the line until they do so.

I agree. Otherwise there is a good chance that the seller will receive a defect or even an unresolved case. Logically that shouldn't happen but it really can happen.

As another poster mentioned though, CP does make mistakes so I would first get the case closed and explain to your buyer that you will contact CP to see what they say. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Did you get a signature?  If you didn't opt for the signature option I think you are out of luck. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

A signature is not required by ebay or paypal unless the item + shipping is $750 U.S.  or more.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

We had a bad Ontario buyer open an inr claim after receiving an item. He thought that since ebays tracking did not show delivered that he could sneak the claim.

Took 3 calls to ebay until we got a non chalanged person on the phone who could understand the concept of checking the tracking number on canadapost.ca to verify that it was delivered. The first 2 were so  that they thought that they were trying the number on usps and ups to no avail and arguing that there was no results and that we gave the wrong/invalid number.. One said we are not covered under seller protection since we did not ship with an approved carrier. We hung up on both of them.

So call now and be persistant.

In the future upload the tracking the day you ship.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

"We had a bad Ontario buyer open an inr claim after receiving an item. He thought that since ebays tracking did not show delivered that he could sneak the claim.

Took 3 calls to ebay until we got a non chalanged person on the phone who could understand the concept of checking the tracking number on canadapost.ca to verify that it was delivered. The first 2 were so  that they thought that they were trying the number on usps and ups to no avail and arguing that there was no results and that we gave the wrong/invalid number.. One said we are not covered under seller protection since we did not ship with an approved carrier. We hung up on both of them.

So call now and be persistant.

In the future upload the tracking the day you ship."

Gotta love how ebay edits out truthful comments about it's staffs incompetence. The things that were edited out of the post are common knowledge. Trying to hide that kind of truth is just shameful.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

For me, the tracking information showed that the item has arrived at the PO Community Box locker and I contacted the buyer if she has received but no response from her.  So I called Canada Post and they opened a service ticket and it is now 3 months, guess Canada Post is at loss as to what to do about it!!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Either use Ebay/Paypal shipping in the future or upload tracking the minute you get back from the post office.

If you don't have the time to put in to call then you will likely get decided against, Ebay/Paypal always side with the buyer unless the seller does something to help themselves.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply