Buyers (0 score) bid but don't pay for my items !!!!!

Good evening.

Lately, I have been selling Littlest Pet Shop Dogs and Cats. But I really don't understand what's going on: buyers are bidding on my items but end up not paying !!!!!????!!!!! How frustrating... And most of them have 0 as a score (not bought anything yet). I would like to block these kind of buyers. I think I have to change something in my selling preferences but I don't know what. Can someone help me and also, why is it happening??? Are they fake buyers who don't have anything else to do ??? Kind regards, Natalie

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You can't block zero or low feedback buyers and you will never be able to.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi, I have been having the same problem. I had a couple of little pet shop items up for bids, somone with 4 feedbacks bought 2 sets, bid one up to $20.00, and the other up to $13.00, and then says his kids bid on them, and he can't pay. He then asked me if I had sent them out yet, and I said I hadn't as he didn't pay, then he told me his kids were also the ones leaving the messages.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

There is sort of a way to Block new members.

You can use your Seller Preferences to block bidders who don't have an active Paypal account. Since new members often don't have an account set up yet, this works pretty well.

Better would be to turn those bids into sales.

Both of you should take a look at the total price of your items. Compare them to the total price of similar items from other sellers particularly in the USA.

I suspect the winning bidder backs out when she realizes that her $5 or $10 purchase is actually going to cost $20 with shipping.

I'm not criticizing your shipping cost, that's Canada Post's work, but again there may be a work around.

Free Shipping.

Don't panic.

Free Shipping just means that you include the cost of the shipping in the asking price of the item.

Which is cheapest?

A $5 item with $10 shipping?

A $10 item with $5 shipping?

A $15 item with Free Shipping?

Which gives a casual browser the best idea of actual cost?

Which is likely to make the customer think the seller is price gouging on shipping?

Which has the lowest fees for the seller?

On the last point, if you offer Free Shipping domestically, you pay no fees on any shipping, even SuperSwiftGoldPlatedOvernightAir to Kazhakistan.

It's something to consider.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply