Buyers who deserve negs

Yep, I have come to believe in it.

Cruising around and I find a Chinese seller with FB of 13000+ in the last year, since startup, 98.5%. So, I look at some of the negs they received. Um? This is dollar store merch mailed from China, what are buyers expecting, Saks 5th Ave?

They are leaving negs for items for a dollar. These people should qualify for a "stupid buyer neg" from eBay. Not from the seller, from eBay. There is a certain amount of terminal stupidity attached to these people.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Buyers who deserve negs

Found recently. A seller (photo equipment) with 5000 feedback got this neg recently:  "no instructions. how can you use a dang old camera without instructions". The camera was from 50' 😉 Item 141297894948. Can you believe?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Buyers who deserve negs

Or a buyer, who looked for a tourist map for vacation, bought a map printed in 1898. Negative, because the "map was useless".

Not a joke, it really happened.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Buyers who deserve negs

Yep, a terminal stupidity neg.
Photobucket
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Buyers who deserve negs

The proper handling of such buyers issues is part of our business.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Buyers who deserve negs

38e, absolutely. This why eBay has the TRS FB level at 98%. We also do not get to see the punishment meted out to the serial stupid people.

I worked and managed liquor stores for 35 years. eBay is a walk in the park. Yet, when I see terminal stupidity, it boggles me.
Photobucket
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Buyers who deserve negs

@mr.elmwood wrote:

I worked and managed liquor stores for 35 years.

With such experience you are surely able to handle ANY issue on Ebay  Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Buyers who deserve negs

@38e_avenue wrote:

@mr.elmwood wrote:

I worked and managed liquor stores for 35 years.

With such experience you are surely able to handle ANY issue on Ebay  Smiley Happy 

Ya would think! LOL!!!

Tuesday Sept 29, 2009. The beginning of the end. I had contact with the Police nine (9) times in one shift. I had a deranged woman who punched an employee in the face. Kept her for the Police who wanted to arrest me. It was actually comical. The cop asked if we could talk in private, so, I took him in the office and had him speak facing the camera while he talked. Like? How stupid am I?

Then there were the shoplifters. Then there were the drunks banging on the windows. The guy that peed against the window after we cut him off. Then there was the guy buying for the underage girls. There was much yelling, threatening of lives, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Nine times in one shift. Actually, it was nine times inside of six hours. How many folks go their entire lives and never have contact with the Police, ever? It was so bad, they had me on immediate answer.

The employee that got slugged was an ex-cop. Even he said, while watching everything unfold: "I don't believe this". It was the most wildazz day I had experienced in 35 years, and, it was a Tuesday.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Buyers who deserve negs

Lol terminal stupidity. I encounter them quite often on my job... And it's a big waste of my time since those idiots are the ones who waste a lot of my time trying to complain/ask for something, and they think rephrasing their question/demands 5 times would get a different answer/solution out of me. And makes a fuss when I repeat the same answer 5 times.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Buyers who deserve negs

drucecat
Community Member

So, I have seen this a number of times; A buyer rates the seller of a prerecorded  DVD movie with a negative or a neutral because they didn't like the movie or they thought it was over-rated.

Or, this is rarer, but I have seen it, a neutral because the buyer thought that the video quality of the "new", prerecorded DVD, should have been better.

The terminally stupid function in the real world, and unfortunately, many of them seem to thrive on eBay. The only protection a seller has, is to grin a bear it. But, take heart, others will read your negatives and most normal folks, will dismiss the insane feedback of the terminally stupid.

As someone on these boards has stated, maybe it's you, Mr. Elmwood, an IQ of 100 is average for the population. So, that's means that pretty much half the population falls below the average. The terminally stupid won't go away soon - but, they do put a smile on your face, if you're not the seller getting abused.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Buyers who deserve negs

"Found recently. A seller (photo equipment) with 5000 feedback got this neg recently:  "no instructions. how can you use a dang old camera without instructions". The camera was from 50' 😉 Item 141297894948. Can you believe?"

I looked it up.  This listing captures a lot of the angst for a Canadian Ebayer.  First was the neg, because the buyer only got exactly what was listed, 2nd is it was only $14, 3rd is that the shipping cost from dear old Canada Post was way higher than the cost of the old camera.   It was a good listing to, not a 30 second job, so the seller put in the effort and got a neg while basically generating revenue mainly for Canada Post and a smaller amount for Ebay/Paypal.  

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Buyers who deserve negs

@drucecat wrote:

So, I have seen this a number of times; A buyer rates the seller of a prerecorded  DVD movie with a negative or a neutral because they didn't like the movie or they thought it was over-rated.

Or, this is rarer, but I have seen it, a neutral because the buyer thought that the video quality of the "new", prerecorded DVD, should have been better.

The terminally stupid function in the real world, and unfortunately, many of them seem to thrive on eBay. The only protection a seller has, is to grin a bear it. But, take heart, others will read your negatives and most normal folks, will dismiss the insane feedback of the terminally stupid.

As someone on these boards has stated, maybe it's you, Mr. Elmwood, an IQ of 100 is average for the population. So, that's means that pretty much half the population falls below the average. The terminally stupid won't go away soon - but, they do put a smile on your face, if you're not the seller getting abused.

Actually, it is me. I have recently become aware I have Aspergers Syndrome. We walk amongst you and see the world very differently.

Photobucket
Message 12 of 12
latest reply