Buyers with private feedback

Can I cancel a purchase from someone with private feedback or is this something that ebay doesn't allow?

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

I tried that earlier with all five, but none show up in the list of blocked buyers.  I don't know if it's a glitch in the system today or what.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Must have been a relative to the guy that offered to give me $50...shipping included!

@mjwl2006 wrote:
Yesterday, I got an Offer for $125 less than my asking price on a $175 item. For all three of them in my possession. My entire inventory of it! $25 on $175 item.

I guess if they keep sending low-ball offers from "different" buyer accounts it may make the seller feel like they are asking too much money for their item, causing doubt and second guessing on pricing.

Awesome tactic that I'm sure will work on some sellers.  I like my little clock and really don't care to part with it for any less than what I'm asking.  I can live with it if I have to.  I just don't want to deal with anyone who might try to snooker me after the purchase.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:
Yesterday, I got an Offer for $125 less than my asking price on a $175 item. For all three of them in my possession. My entire inventory of it! $25 on $175 item.

A couple times now I've received offers of $50 against a $999.99 item!!! Different IDs too.

I ignore all lowballs like this. If they send more than once I just block them.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Private feedback is nothing to fear. Maybe the person just thinks what they buy is nobody else's business. Sellers all say buyer FB is totally useless so it makes sense then that a buyer might want to just close it off. I would be more concerned about persistent lowball offers and then if they finally pay make sure you USE TRACKING and have lots of pictures. It is not unheard of for crooked buyers to find "other means" of getting the discount they want if the seller wont accept their lowball price.
Message 24 of 25
latest reply

@sand.in.my.pants wrote:

Must have been a relative to the guy that offered to give me $50...shipping included!

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I guess if they keep sending low-ball offers from "different" buyer accounts it may make the seller feel like they are asking too much money for their item, causing doubt and second guessing on pricing.

Awesome tactic that I'm sure will work on some sellers.  I like my little clock and really don't care to part with it for any less than what I'm asking.  I can live with it if I have to.  I just don't want to deal with anyone who might try to snooker me after the purchase.

In my 14 years and 11,000+ sales, I am unaware of that ever happening to me. I focus my energies on creating the best buyer experience I can, not on the "what if" that never seems to happen.

Photobucket
Message 25 of 25
latest reply