Bye ebay thanks to everyone for all the tips! great forum comunity

teetering on the edge of reselling and creating other internet means of money that may be more profitable to the time I put into making money may be more rewarding. About a week ago I took mostly everything off eBay ( was thinking about auctioning lots of items off ) Realized I got my first negative yesterday. Thinking about if I would stay or leave even more after that today I got another negative. Honestly thought I would never get 1 I took so much work into making sure the games would work for the buyer. More time than I did caring about a job I had working for someone else making a base salary an hour..  I never had a negative since selling over 700 items but now that I'm starting on other things than selling a product on eBay. the 2nd shot really felt like a shot to the knee! "not trying to internet meme" Just feels like selling over 700 items to happy people who would contact me about a problem 1 every 200 as an average I got so far. it just hurts that 2 negatives can destroy your search relevance even though my account is still gold star under 97% to eBay. It is less then perfect  to me which sucks..

Anyway good luck to you all and thanks for all the help about 7 months ago when I first started eBay lots of help to show me the way. best of luck to you!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

That's painful!

One in two hundred is a high percentage of negs-- but perhaps not in a testosterone poisoned category like videogames.

Your own personal Gamergate.

Ick.

OTOH- your Response to the first neg was perfect. And DON"T respond to the second.

Let it stand in all it's dimwitted glory for other sellers (and buyers) to see.

It reflects on the leaver more than on you.

For less than $5? Golly.

Take the weekend. Get out in the sunshine.

Hope we see you soon.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

It would seem to me that the first neg for the 360 game probably happened due to a weak laser in his machine combined with some scratching could cause it to not work. The second neg is just from an idiot. We can't see what feedback he left for others but if he does the same thing to others then you can call ebay and they may remove it so keep an eye on that one.

Are you selling scratched games?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@videogamezstore wrote:

teetering on the edge of reselling and creating other internet means of money that may be more profitable to the time I put into making money may be more rewarding. About a week ago I took mostly everything off eBay ( was thinking about auctioning lots of items off ) Realized I got my first negative yesterday. Thinking about if I would stay or leave even more after that today I got another negative. Honestly thought I would never get 1 I took so much work into making sure the games would work for the buyer. More time than I did caring about a job I had working for someone else making a base salary an hour..  I never had a negative since selling over 700 items but now that I'm starting on other things than selling a product on eBay. the 2nd shot really felt like a shot to the knee! "not trying to internet meme" Just feels like selling over 700 items to happy people who would contact me about a problem 1 every 200 as an average I got so far. it just hurts that 2 negatives can destroy your search relevance even though my account is still gold star under 97% to eBay. It is less then perfect  to me which sucks..

Anyway good luck to you all and thanks for all the help about 7 months ago when I first started eBay lots of help to show me the way. best of luck to you!

I don't think the negatives will really affect your search standing all that much if at all.

BUT

I'm NOT trying to dissuade you from what I think is a very wise decision.

You gave it a shot in a very difficult category, you probably learned a lot and when you find the new product, service or whatever to sell you'll both do much better and have an easier time of it.

That's a much better way forward than to bang your head against a wall doing something you don't enjoy.

Good luck!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Good luck, videogamezstore!   I always feel bad when I see someone leave, who is conscientious and has worked hard to keep his status top rated and all his customers happy, only to receive unwarranted negative feedback.  I can appreciate the many hours spent on your listings and communication, etc. with, often, little return.  It's discouraging!  I'm sure there are countless sellers who are one negative feedback and one defect away from leaving as well.

I wish you well with your future plans.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

thanks!

I'm not upset just shot me back into reality I had a good streak going you guys were really helpful but at the same time I have other ways and new ways of creating money after hard work : / probably just as good even more fun but definitely wont be the same. E bay was just a fun thing for me to do. Never intended to make a killing but I did do it expecting to make money and it did pay off. Learned a lot as well! . Tried it once made money got addicted. But it really is hard work... I did report the second buyer that is not appropriate at all I don't even know what the problem is I actually played that game and beat that game. I also shipped it on Friday and it says he lives is SK no way that is possible. I am sure it will get resolved and I will win but the one negative feedback still sucks : / My eBay account will wait to see if I decide to sell again in the future won't be based on weather or not I win this 1 feedback change request..  

The first one never answered me as I am still trying to see if we can fix the problem. Not much I can fight about but it always sucks when you aren't contacted first! getting that first hand here. not sure what I did wrong that game is recent and I don't remember scratches on it as I did buy a CD buffer that I use if there is even a couple scratches that I think will freeze or bug out during the game..  But I do now know not to fight with the customer and take the hit as It does pay off for most eBay sellers as it gets resolved with no negative and having a happy buyer!

I will just auction my stuff off and not take a loss but make some I was just in this for the fun as a college student my life isn't close to set in stone you live and learn eBay gave me lots of confidence and information! but the fun started going away and the negatives just made it worse.. : /

I also won't stop saying to anyone who asks me about eBay is the reason that I enjoyed it some much was people on the forums who helped even some of those who you were competing against helped.You guys are just so encouraging . Also to ignore negative feedback as they are most likely people who did not even try to contact 95% of buyers on eBay.can't say the same for china haven't had great experience with them.. But both U.S and Canadian sellers I've dealt with when buying stuff have been honest and great when something wrong happens with my order!! I'm sure you guys know who you are who helped me I still see you on the forums helping others. I have a good idea just don't want to start listing names,

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

EBay has become a very difficult place for casual sellers.  In the past students would arrive in the summer and sell a few things to help pay the bills, but that's no longer true.

Buyers and sellers have become much more sophisticated.

Gone are the days when rare items were offered at giveaway prices by uninformed sellers.  

It's much more professional & less fun because the old garage sale aspect of eBay is all but gone.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Report the buyer with the most recent comment.

"The following types of Feedback may be removed:  Feedback containing political, religious, social, or other commentary, rather than genuine comments about a sale."

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/feedback-removal.html

Photobucket
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry it happened to you.  But it seems that you are selling "damaged" items, are you?  If they are damaged, you need to make that mention or not bother selling them at all.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry it happened to you.  But it seems that you are selling "damaged" items, are you?  If they are damaged, you need to make that mention or not bother selling them at all.

Honey ...... that seems very unfair.  It sounds like he was working hard to make sure items were undamaged, but as we all know boop happens.

In this case it would probably have been best to refund without requiring a return as soon as there was a hint of a problem, but that's not something everyone is aware of until they've been here a while.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@Sorry it happened to you.  But it seems that you are selling "damaged" items, are you?  If they are damaged, you need to make that mention or not bother selling them at all.

-me- 3-4 items broken out of all the 700+ items I've sold does not mean I am selling broken "items". so the answer to that is no I do not sell broken items. maybe a game slipped unfortunately I'm not perfect It has happened a few times to me gave buyers refund and they left positive. Honestly buyers are a lot more honest than I  thought from when I first started.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

@Honey ...... that seems very unfair.  It sounds like he was working hard to make sure items were undamaged, but as we all know boop happens.

In this case it would probably have been best to refund without requiring a return as soon as there was a hint of a problem, but that's not something everyone is aware of until they've been here a while

-me- Thanks for backing me up 🙂 unfortunately I was never contacted I even said that after the negative to the buyer but no answer idk who would pass up a free refund with the item kept weather it worked or not he could get it resurfaced with the money I gave him which costs 1$ at any ebgames around him. But I'm not going to just refund him without him reaching out to me. Would like an effort on his end after leaving a negative.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

@Report the buyer with the most recent comment.

"The following types of Feedback may be removed:  Feedback containing political, religious, social, or other commentary, rather than genuine comments about a sale."

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/feedback-removal.html

-me- I’ve done that thanks guess 1 less neg will make it easier if I decide to come back.

@EBay has become a very difficult place for casual sellers.  In the past students would arrive in the summer and sell a few things to help pay the bills, but that's no longer true.

Buyers and sellers have become much more sophisticated.

Gone are the days when rare items were offered at giveaway prices by uninformed sellers.  

It's much more professional & less fun because the old garage sale aspect of eBay is all but gone.

-me- well said after you need to learn a lot at the start which you never can, always something new. It’s a grind to get items and list them. I’m not done selling put to much work in to give up just yet! Just moving to other places to sell that seem easier for me maby I put it like I was giving up somewhere but I don't like to think of my self as someone who just does even though sometimes it's not a bad thing to step back and think about if its worth it.

Relevance also seemed like a problem for buyers and sellers me even though I sold a high % of items never making a loss. I would search an item of mine under lowest price would be first in the page. I would than go to relevance and it would be 2 pages in behind items valued at 10$ more for unrealistic prices. Anyway not here to crisis eBay gave me a good start and lots of knowledge. Not everyone clicks lowest price from what I learned lots do not.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply