C. P. using the U.S. currency for their Expedited insurance and not converting it to Canadian.

Just noticed that my parcel had not changed from U.S. to Canadian funds when applying the insurance at the time of printing out the label.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

C. P. using the U.S. currency for their Expedited insurance and not converting it to Canadian.

Ok I see what you mean now. First, chances are very very slim that the parcel will get lost so you shouldn't need to collect on insurance.

I don't have the paypal postage screen in front of me right now but I believe there is a box near the bottom that you should always fill in with the amount of Cdn dollars as it never converts it.

As far as only being only to claim $68 C, you would be able to show them that the invoice was $68 U.S. and more than likely they would pay you the correct amount.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I'm not sure what you mean. When you click on insurance when you are printing a label it is always in $C just like the label is.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Canadian buyer bought for $68 in US funds. The Canada Post  Expedited insurance was $68 in stead of converting it to the higher amount in Canadian dollars. It had $68 CAN. What if that package gets lost. Do I not end up paying buyer what he paid which is $86. And I end up with only $68. Thanks for your time.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Ok I see what you mean now. First, chances are very very slim that the parcel will get lost so you shouldn't need to collect on insurance.

I don't have the paypal postage screen in front of me right now but I believe there is a box near the bottom that you should always fill in with the amount of Cdn dollars as it never converts it.

As far as only being only to claim $68 C, you would be able to show them that the invoice was $68 U.S. and more than likely they would pay you the correct amount.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I have always changed it myself to Canadian dollars.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply