CALCULATED INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES OUT

izzame
Community Member

Is any one noticing that their calculated .ca listing shipping rates are way off? I had a "potential" buyer email saying that I have the highest shipping rates that he has ever seen on ebay. The item that he was referring to is one LP 550 grams total shipping weight and it is showing shipping cost 431.59 Canadian funds!!!! WT*

I looked at the listing , put in his country, and for me it is showing the correct amount that it also says on CP website. A fluke or is this an intermittant on going glitch?

I have responded to him giving the correct rates and hope that it isn't going to cost me another "glitch" loss sale. Is ebay not aware that their broken down system is also costing them money as we all know that they don't care about sellers.

Thanks for any input.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: CALCULATED INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES OUT

@izzame wrote:

I had a "potential" buyer email saying that I have the highest shipping rates that he has ever seen on ebay. The item that he was referring to is one LP 550 grams total shipping weight and it is showing shipping cost 431.59 Canadian funds!!!! WT*

I looked at the listing , put in his country, and for me it is showing the correct amount that it also says on CP website.

Did you yourself ever see the $431.59 fee?  I just looked at your listings and they all look fine and normal.  If you never actually saw this mistake yourself, maybe the buyer got it mixed up with something else, or another listing, or whatever.  The main thing is you told them what the real cost is, which will look cheap by comparison.   🙂  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks for your response. I didn't see the rate that he said, in fact I literally jumped out of my chair, said a few not nice things about glitches, sat down and went to the listing right away. Clicked the shipping tab, put in their country and the rate that was shown looked about right. I then went to CP site and that rate was the same.

He sent the message throught the specific item that he was questioning the rate. There is a big time difference so I'll wait and see what/if his response is.

Thanks again for checking and your help.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@izzame wrote:

I had a "potential" buyer email saying that I have the highest shipping rates that he has ever seen on ebay. The item that he was referring to is one LP 550 grams total shipping weight and it is showing shipping cost 431.59 Canadian funds!!!! WT*

I looked at the listing , put in his country, and for me it is showing the correct amount that it also says on CP website.

Did you yourself ever see the $431.59 fee?  I just looked at your listings and they all look fine and normal.  If you never actually saw this mistake yourself, maybe the buyer got it mixed up with something else, or another listing, or whatever.  The main thing is you told them what the real cost is, which will look cheap by comparison.   🙂  

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks for your response. I didn't see the rate that he said, in fact I literally jumped out of my chair, said a few not nice things about glitches, sat down and went to the listing right away. Clicked the shipping tab, put in their country and the rate that was shown looked about right. I then went to CP site and that rate was the same.

He sent the message throught the specific item that he was questioning the rate. There is a big time difference so I'll wait and see what/if his response is.

Thanks again for checking and your help.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply